VoIP/Google Voice - Can't receive calls, but can make calls fine.

Jun 16, 2012
I have set up my Player to send calls and receive texts and phone calls utilizing GrooveIP and Google Voice. Unfortunately I can not receive calls. I suspect that I may need to create a second phone line on google voice and forward calls to that, as right now it is set to sending it to google chat, and trying to change it to my google number (which is my main number that I ported over from Sprint) will not work.

Jun 16, 2012
I found the solution. In addition to having a google voice account active, having the app, and having GrooveIP app, you also have to have the Google Voice add-on for Gmail, which is a function in their chat feature. Go to your gmail from your computer and in the chat section click on "Call Phone." A dialer will pop up and also something that says "Download Google Voice Add-on." Do it and install it and all will work. For the rest of the steps to get a contract free phone go to this site: bu-bhut-sa: Groove IP with Google talk and Google Voice - pure joy
I didn't turn off the chat setting in Gmail like they said and it seems to work fine.

nccruz

Nov 14, 2010
Look into this link...VOIP for Android Devices via SIPdroid | The Droid Guy

I have set up my Player to send calls and receive texts and phone calls utilizing GrooveIP and Google Voice. Unfortunately I can not receive calls. I suspect that I may need to create a second phone line on google voice and forward calls to that, as right now it is set to sending it to google chat, and trying to change it to my google number (which is my main number that I ported over from Sprint) will not work.