Volume control for the Menu?

willber

Jan 9, 2011
Anybody found an app for controlling the volume in applications like YouTube were the information bar disappears and there is no access to volume control without exiting the running video?
Ideally this would go into the Menu bar at the bottom and be available when selecting the hard button MENU.
Or possibly an app that prevents the Top information bar from disappearing.

Thanks this is also driving me nuts....

willber

Jan 9, 2011
Thanks hd... but it looks like these are volume applications and I already have one. These typicaly open up a new window as a separate application. The problem with the way YouTube is implemented on the 7015 is that the top Information bar disappears when playing a YouTube video. So if the volume needs adjusting you have to exit the player , adjust the volume and then start the player over again. Blah.
What I'm looking for is one that possibly shows up in the bottom Menu to launch an app so that selecting the hard MENU button I can adjust the volume when viewing YouTube videos etc.

I didn't down load your suggestions but if one of these does what I want, please let me know.

Ridgeland

Dec 14, 2010
I use the "home" key to go back to the home screen and set the volume.
Then hold in the "home" button for 2 seconds for "last used" and select the other app that I want (Angry Birds). Other app is either paused waiting for my return or still going in which case I may have missed 5 seconds.
If an app did the same function I guess it would also waste a few seconds.
Android developer training videos from Google do tell developers to not take away that info bar, mostly for phone calls. Amusing that YouTube from Google violates that.

My understanding of the way Android works is that you don't "restart" the interrupted service. It's designed so for low RAM that swap in-swap out is just a system function. That is a big concept change for those of us who bring the legacy of knowledge of how Linux or Windows works and expect the same with Android. I'm still legacy bound. :)

willber

Jan 9, 2011
Thanks Ridgeland... thats a good work around and the YouTube vid comes back were it left off. I'll use this for now.