build.prop and different market for android 3.2

RckyBobby

Apr 2, 2011
I have been tweaking my build.prop and I have it so it adds a little more functionality to our Viewpad 10 dual boot only!!, there are some tweaks that you probably won't notice without knowing what you are looking for but one thing is the Vpad will be identified as a Samsung galaxy tab 10.1 (to see more apps in the market) and another thing is a tweak to enable two finger rotation in Google maps, and the last one is I changed the resolution, I think it is much better and you can fit more shortcuts and widgets on the screen.
also if you are so inclined, you can use the two apps I included to have a different market, all you have to do is:

1. ensure that you installed Android as root,
2. extract all the files to a folder on your sd card
3. make a backup of these files before overwriting them in case something doesn't go as planned.
4. using a root explorer such as root explorer or file expert copy the build.prop and paste it in /system overwriting the one that is there, then change the permissions to read for owner, group, and all. then just write for owner then apply or save it.
5. do the same thing for the Finsky.apk and Vending.apk but paste those apps in /system/app overwriting the existing ones, then change the permissions.
6. then go to settings > Applications > Manage Applications > all and find Google Services Framework, select it, clear data and force stop.
7. then restart and you should be able to open the new market and download more apps, but be advised that because of the x86 version of android we have, most apps won't work even though they can be downloaded.

download zip file here

if you want to change the screen density (bigger icons or even smaller ones) using a root explorer, go to /system and open the build.prop in text editor and find the line
ro.sf.lcd_density=140 and change the 140 to a bigger number for bigger icons, or smaller for smaller icons. be advided that if you go too small the interface will look like Android 2.x because it won't be able to render the honeycomb interface.

mmp669

Oct 20, 2011
I have been tweaking my build.prop and I have it so it adds a little more functionality to our Viewpad 10 dual boot only!!, there are some tweaks that you probably won't notice without knowing what you are looking for but one thing is the Vpad will be identified as a Samsung galaxy tab 10.1 (to see more apps in the market) and another thing is a tweak to enable two finger rotation in Google maps, and the last one is I changed the resolution, I think it is much better and you can fit more shortcuts and widgets on the screen.
also if you are so inclined, you can use the two apps I included to have a different market, all you have to do is:

1. ensure that you installed Android as root,
2. extract all the files to a folder on your sd card
3. make a backup of these files before overwriting them in case something doesn't go as planned.
4. using a root explorer such as root explorer or file expert copy the build.prop and paste it in /system overwriting the one that is there, then change the permissions to read for owner, group, and all. then just write for owner then apply or save it.
5. do the same thing for the Finsky.apk and Vending.apk but paste those apps in /system/app overwriting the existing ones, then change the permissions.
6. then go to settings > Applications > Manage Applications > all and find Google Services Framework, select it, clear data and force stop.
7. then restart and you should be able to open the new market and download more apps, but be advised that because of the x86 version of android we have, most apps won't work even though they can be downloaded.

download zip file here

if you want to change the screen density (bigger icons or even smaller ones) using a root explorer, go to /system and open the build.prop in text editor and find the line
ro.sf.lcd_density=140 and change the 140 to a bigger number for bigger icons, or smaller for smaller icons. be advided that if you go too small the interface will look like Android 2.x because it won't be able to render the honeycomb interface.

Tempting, I'll give this a try when I got home.

darren2951

Dec 13, 2011
Hi , i just install the 3.2 ver .... the android market can't search what i want .... help .... !!!!