cache-cache.rfs
recovery-zimage
ignore the rest of the files

then before first boot wipe data and cache reboot
manually use update.zip or just let it download itself
install update and your done
you can verify by going to "about device" build number will be SCH-I800.EC02
use superoneclick for root z4mod not working keep getting f/c's

it seems like anybody who used z4mod to root or flashed recovery "back to stock" is having problems a 100% fix is just download the files from my post and flash like normal then use superoneclick for root

***for it to work you must download the recovery files from my post***

the files in my post are created using a temp. root so the files are a pure clone of unrooted rom 100% stock that is why you have to use superoneclick to root I tried everything and have done this to 6 tabs with no errors

Robin_M

Apr 16, 2011
Thanks, lexrily, for that post and advice.

I am one of those with the z4mod problem. Also, the Verizon script won't work for me without a hard re-boot because I foolishly deleted a couple Verizon apk files instead of just renaming them. BUT all I really want from EC02 are the email fixes. I don't know for sure, but I'm thinking that all I would need to do is to replace "email.apk" and "email.odex" (and perhaps re-install the apk file) to receive the benefits of the email upgrade.

If so, can someone please upload those two files AFTER doing the upgrade? I'd be most grateful.

Springer

Apr 23, 2011
lexriley

Thanks for the post. I have the Verizon Tab and ran z4mod. Can I just unroot? From the post I get the feeling I can't. Is there a step by step available for this fix? I have flashed Windows Smartphones in the past but I am new to Android. I will get Heimdall and read what I can find. After I flash will all my installed apps revert to stock and new additions have to be installed again?
Thanks again.

Springer

Apr 23, 2011
I found instructions for flashing the files. Worked fine as far as the update goes. After boot I started to get Force Close for the Calendar every minute or so and every time I opened the Calendar app or the email app. I cleared the cache in Recovery and rebooted a few times but still had the issue. If I disabled sync for the Calendar the FC would stop and I could open email. I finally found the Clear Data option under the Settings/Applications/Manage Applications menu. I cleared the data under Calendar and Calender Storage. Everything seems to be OK now. My Calendar was able to Sync again and appointments came back.

Using this process all installed applications will still be there. You do not loose any data or files. The notice of an available update came up right away. Thanks lexriley! Now I need to run Superoneclick to get rid of the Verizon bloat by freezing in Titanium Backup, and then hook up my Bluetooth keyboard and mouse!

ukyfan

Feb 23, 2011
I haven't used my tab in a few weeks, and last night I noticed that I could install an update. Now I used z4root to temp root my tab so I could use some of my root apps. If I take the update would I still be able to root with the app, or would I be SOL?