Was I scammed.....?

HawkeyesDK

May 28, 2013
Hey guys,

Yesterday I ordered an Onda V972 Quad Core tablet from "www.onda-tablet.com".

Today I learned this site may have been fake and only lured people to buy tablets but never deliver. The e-mail address to the site is [email protected] - alot have reported this as belonging to a scammer. I've filed a dispute with paypal, because Im scared I've been scammed.

What else can I do?

And does any of you have experience with this seller?

Last edited:

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I think you probably did the right thing with the dispute. The site has been up since Feb. 2012 so it's a tough call. I am always suspicious of c company's mail address that isn't @companyname.com

altheamae64

Dec 20, 2012
Hi, I don't know what that email addy refers to, but the "www.onda-tablet.com" one is the site where I bought my Vi40 Elite V3 over a year ago. I believe this to be legit as I downloaded the update firmware from there only a few weeks ago. The firmware was rubbish, but that's a problem I got sorted by using a custom rom ;)

I didn't go through ebay though, I bought from them direct as it was cheaper but I used a credit card though because you get protection from the CC company if things go wrong.

For anyone else reading, it's a good idea to do that - even if you don't have one. I would just give the cash to someone who had one (and I trusted - obviously) and buy that way :cool:

You should be alright anyway because of the ebay buyer protection, although I don't think you'll need it because as I said - I think the site is kosher.

Good luck mate!

HawkeyesDK

May 28, 2013
Pheeew, looks like I'm in the clear.

I did file a dispute and sent them an e-mail, telling them the story. They have refunded my money. Still strange they chose to use a G-mail account for paypal transactions.

http://i.imgur.com/653X375.png?1

I'll have another look around. Looks like amazon.co.uk have Onda tablets on sale through another seller from China, but this one has thousands of satisfied customers. Prolly my next choice.
Amazon link: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Onda-Allwin...UTF8&qid=1369909659&sr=8-1&keywords=onda+v972
The seller is DracoTek, http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aag/main...=A1F83G8C2ARO7P&orderID=&seller=APT3IFMQZTYQY and their
website also looks legit. I think this is their website: China Wholesale Dual Sim Smartphone, Android Tablet PC, Surveillance Equipment & GPS at Dracotek.com - Professional Chinese Wholesaler

Thanks for your help guys :).

HawkeyesDK

May 28, 2013
Well, the store is definately legit. Guess I got quite scared since the e-mail they have chosen for their Paypal account, referred to probable scam.

Today my money was returned to my bank account and the issue has been resolved. I ordered another Onda V972 tablet from DracoTek through Amazon. They had 5500+ high customer ratings, and I even think the price was abit lower.

Hawk

RiyoRitsu

May 31, 2013
i feel sorry for you. i dont know if paypal will give you back your money if you are using credit card i doubt that youll get your money but if that is a debit card maybe there is a chance

ill give you some tips about that so next time you wont be scammed.
1. check the site if it is legit try different SCAM SITE CHECKER
2. the support email. it must be a [email protected](they should have their own mailing server)
3. read some blogs about the site/company
4. contact them first.

i hope i helped you