Welcome to the Huawei MediaPad Forum

Entropy

Dec 24, 2010
I never minded the resistive screen at all - especially considering that until last week, my phone was also resistive. Nothing a good screen protector can't fix. (Well, you can use your fingernail on a nonprotected screen but I wouldn't advise it...)

The hardware is great - solid build, battery life is decent if you turn off the GPS and remove the SIM (2.1 baseband radio firmware was a battery hog in all situations, 2.2 radio seemed a bit better.)

The post-sales support (accessories and software updates) is a complete other story. The 2.1 radio firmware was horrific - my S7 never worked on AT&T anywhere outside of my SIM's "home" area, despite having a nationwide plan. No other phone I've ever put the SIM in issues with leaving my geographical area. Huawei fixed this in the Indo 2.2 ROM, but USA customers NEVER saw an official fix, and it took until late March for any fix to exist. Their "service center only" tactics for restricting distribution of the Indo 2.2 update were simply inexcusable.

Similarly - the MediaPad looks like excellent hardware, but I'm not going to touch it until:
1) Accessories are made readily available for it. "readily" means "ships domestically in the USA" - it would be easy for Huawei to make a distribution deal with Amazon.
2) At least one firmware update is released to United States customers.

Olaeben

Jan 5, 2016
I have a huawei s7-301u mediapad and it was upgraded to ICS and since then the touchpad is not working. I tried recovery mode but when its loading it displays fail and ask me to reboot. pls what can I do. need help asap