What happens when your tablet battery no longer charges?

mattg3

Nov 1, 2011
Hate to release the 900 lb elephant into the forum but the majority of tablets have no replaceable battery.So when that last charge is used up do we just toss the tablet in trash?Apple has a few online independent stores that will sell you a battery and replace it for a fee.Apple does it for a larger fee.So what about our android tablets and players?Anyone know of any place that gets into these devices and replaces battery?

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
This has been discussed in several threads already. The solution has usually been to get a replacement battery online and replace it yourself. If you can't do it, find someone who can. Many of the local repair shops have people who could do it. (There's also a chance you'll welcome an excuse to replace the tablet once it gets to that point.:rolleyes:) For more, use the search box in the upper right corner of every forum page. You'll also find instructions for opening up many of the tablets there.

Pamster

Nov 14, 2011
I think it's like Spider says, that you look for the replacement battery and get it done somehow, even if they didn't make it easy, you know? That was one feature the THrive had that I was really fond of, the ability to release the chasis to replace the battery yourself. Really a useful feature. Hopefully other manufacterers will add this ability to their new designs soon. :) If that fails you probably at that point of say you bought the battery but something went wrong if it was me we'd buy a new tablet at that point. :)