Tablet No Longer Charging

gcassar

Mar 8, 2014
Over the last month, the battery of my Transformer TF300 has drained quicker and quicker and recharging has taken longer and longer. It's got to the point where the battery will not charge at all (directly on tablet nor connected to the dock). It just died yesterday from 5% to 0% and I don't know what to do now.
The tablet is about 14 months old. Before I take it back for service, is there anything I can do ? Will it reset without power ? I was hoping to do a factory reset before sending it off. Is my battery just needing replacement or could it be infected with one of those battery draining viruses ?
Any advice appreciated.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

It sounds as if the battery is indeed the problem. Try plugging it into a running PC fpr >5 hours and see if that gets any charge.

Last edited:

gcassar

Mar 8, 2014
Hi Me again,

Yes indeed the tablet did charge overnight when attached to the PC. Does that mean the battery is OK and it could be the cord or Adaptor ?
I haven't done anywhere near 300 recharges which is apparently what the battery will live for.
I will back things up and do a factory reset.
Depending on how it behaves then I will send it off. Stay tuned.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Absolutely. But since you used the same cable on the PC I'd go for a problem with the charger. As strange as this may sound, try putting the charger in the freezer in a plastic bag for 10 minutes and see if that makes a difference.

todflog1

Feb 21, 2015
Absolutely. But since you used the same cable on the PC I'd go for a problem with the charger. As strange as this may sound, try putting the charger in the freezer in a plastic bag for 10 minutes and see if that makes a difference.
Putting the wall charger in the freezer sounds goofy but it works.
Tod