What is/are the best cpus for video and gaming

Trixaren

May 31, 2011
As I am not getting much luck in getting an answer to my other question (about a tablet) I though I will ask this instead.

What is currently the best cpu for video:
and best one for gaming?
and best for a 50-50 mix of video and gaming?

I am thinking of getting a high resolution 7" tablet, mostly for watching films on but also for some good gaming and internet.
The ones I have been looking at so far are: RK2918 Cortex A8, S5PV210, TI OMAP3730

This will be interesting!

Thanks guys!

Trixaren

May 31, 2011
After a number of hours of research I have now got some more clarity

It seems that that out of the listed processors the s5pv210 is the best for gaming
The RK2918 seems to be good for 3D games less so for 2D but it seems that it performs ok in some tests. I have also read that the 2918 is very good for media but have not seen any tests – just comments from people that are testing different tablets.

The OMAP3730 - I couldn’t find any information about it

At the same time I have also found this one, the All Winner A10. This one seems to be performing as well as the s5pv210
The tegra 2 seems to be a good choice (better than the s5pv210) but again, as far as I can tell only one Chinese tablet is using it
Samsung Exynos seems to be a best possible choice but then so it is the price and not many tablets have it – as far as I can tell none of the Chinese do.
So in answer to my own question

Gaming (in priority):
Samsung Exynos
Tegra 2
AllWinner A10 and s5pv210
RK2918

Media and Video (in priority):
Samsung Exynos
Tegra 2
AllWinner A10
RK2918
s5pv210

All in all, all of these seem to be a good choice for gaming and video - but this is just what I was able to find out