What Is Up With The Amazon Appstore Update?

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
I got my wife an Acer Iconia 10" for Christmas. She wants to download some of the many apps she has downloaded from Amazon over the years, but there is no list on the new Amazon app. I update the Amazon Appstore on my tablet, and now have the same thing. With me it is no big deal as I still have the apps in the directory and ever since they quit doing their FAOTD, I get most apps from Google Play now. Spider, do you have any thoughts on this?

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Login to Amazon.Com online.
Near the bottom of the page, you'll find a section titled "Let Us Help You".
In there, you'll find "Your Orders".
In there, you'll be able to find all your previous orders.

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
Login to Amazon.Com online.
Near the bottom of the page, you'll find a section titled "Let Us Help You".
In there, you'll find "Your Orders".
In there, you'll be able to find all your previous orders.

Been there, done that, but they do not offer an option to install

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Been there, done that, but they do not offer an option to install

When I went there, each app in the list had a link with it that took you to the app. Maybe i've got a magic tablet and you don't.:rolleyes:

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
When I went there, each app in the list had a link with it that took you to the app. Maybe i've got a magic tablet and you don't.:rolleyes:

Magic something. :) She said one of the lists on her tablet has the apps and the other doesn't, whatever that means. clicking on the app on the list she does have only allows her to change the name. It doesn't allow her to install.

PitCarver

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 9, 2014
I logged in to amazon.com and finally found my apps. Now while I could see them and it could take me to the app, Amazon wanted me to pay for them again. This was from the "online" site.
Checking in on the app (old) I can still find my apps and still have the option to install.

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
On my tablet, I have the option to use the older version, even though the new version is installed. My wife doesn't have that option because she has a new tablet and didn't have the older version installed. Seems like every update Amazon Appstore makes is worse than the last.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
When Amazon discontinued its Underground program, they forced an upgrade to the old Appstore app and turned it into a shopping portal. They then introduced a new Appstore app. The screenshot below from my Nexus 6 is what I get when I open the Appstore.

bg0Mfssl.png

If you're not seeing that, you likely have the wrong app. Your app's package name (not friendly name) should be com.android venezia and the latest version should be release-30.12.1.0.627.1_800157910.

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
This is what mine looks like. Can't find the one you showed.
AF1QipNawuwKgOu4GZskOmFoiKrMaIVnyZY4k4O8LEJm=s512-p-qv=pt08oul9tjo44jrj2lkjs7h14mg7d66ka,m=924d6bd503c028aa705dffc32dd8b511,x=,t=25-iv33679

PitCarver

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 9, 2014
That looks like the regular Amazon app. There should be an app option under settings. I was able to find them under the "Underground Apps" button.
Don't know how long that option will remain.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
@PitCarver : Thank you for coming out and saying it. Saves me the hassle of asking him whether he actually read my post or not, since my post mentions what he should have if he wants to be able to download his apps.

In retrospect, the following link would have ended the discussion instantaneously: The Amazon App. And just to make it abundantly clear, if you try searching for the Amazon Appstore app on Google Play you will never find it. Google doesn't allow apps that can download other apps on the Play Store, especially apps from a rival.