What's Up With All the UNBOXING Videos?

mikespe

May 18, 2011
Maybe it's just me but do you think it has become a weird trend that people are filming themselves taking phones, tablets, etc out of the box? Does anyone really care about this when looking for a review of a product? I would rather someone spend some time playing with a device, learning about it...THEN filming a good quality review including their opinion. These first impression videos just seem like a waste of time to me...

Philtablet

Jan 13, 2012
Maybe it's just me but do you think it has become a weird trend that people are filming themselves taking phones, tablets, etc out of the box? Does anyone really care about this when looking for a review of a product? I would rather someone spend some time playing with a device, learning about it...THEN filming a good quality review including their opinion. These first impression videos just seem like a waste of time to me...
I just watched three unboxing videos for Vizio 8" Tablet. At least one of them advised to get a program to go with the device. Basically if you go to showrooms you might have a broken display or very limited usage of a device. At least some of the unboxing videos can beat a store display.

One video I tried to watch was in a different language other than English. However basically this thread does not warn folks about much, you could have given a few examples of how bad it is. Then again most people are not paid journalists or bloggers and you basically get what you pay for.