Where Did The Thank Button Go?

Oct 10, 2011
I've always been happy to "Thank" anyone whose post was helpful to answering a question or given me insight into something of which I was unaware. Now, all I can find is a Like icon which makes me think this forum has been taken over by that useless facebook site. Get out your dictionary and you'll find thank and like have two completely different meanings. I'll always be happy to Thank someone for their help but I'll never Like someone I don't even know.

Turning off rant mode now but I'd really prefer to see the return of the Thank icon.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
*chuckles*

It's not an issue of liking a person, but what they contribute. The idea behind the "Like" button, as I understand it, is that you use it when you see a post you agree with, find funny, or find useful. You don't necessarily have to like the person to like something they say. If you want to like a person, go into your profile and send a friend request.

That said, I doubt it would be much effort for a coder to edit the link to say "Thanks" instead of "Like", if they choose.

Oct 10, 2011
I doubt it would be much effort for a coder to edit the link to say "Thanks" instead of "Like", if they choose.

My point exactly. Up until a couple of days ago the icon was always labeled "Thank" so changing it back should be just as simple. To me, facebook has cheapened the word "Like" into meaning nothing more than "ditto" where as thanking someone is truly gracious and appreciative. :rolleyes:

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
This is a long standing debate, we can have "LIKES" or "THANKS" but not both. Some users prefer one vs the other.

I guarantee this site is NOT owned by anyone affiliated with Facebook.