Which Chinese tablet to buy?

gdanko

Dec 21, 2010
Hi all, I am looking into one of the Chinese tablets but really have no idea which route to take.

These are the specs I am looking for:
CPU: 800mhz+
Main memory: 512MB
Flash: 4GB+
microSD slot
Official market
Capacitive multi-touch display
7-8" display, minimum 800x600

One of the main considerations for me would also be access to driver and kernel source since I am an Android hacker and would like to be able to build ROMs for whichever device I get my hands on.

Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated. :)

pazvanti

Jun 19, 2010
You can see a comparison of different android tablets at the link in my signature. Hope that helps :)

pazvanti

Jun 19, 2010
Ohh...sorry for that...Looks like the admins deleted the signature (I think).

Last edited by a moderator:

TheZ

Dec 20, 2010
You may need to compromise with those specs. The claimed 800mhz you will get out of a 7 or 8" tablet is usually around 400-600mhz. So you will likely be better off with a 10" tablet as those claim 1ghz but spec at 800mhz. Most tablets are "hackable" and could actually use more Android developers. You can check out ** **** and see what I offer or shop around.

gdanko

Dec 21, 2010
You may need to compromise with those specs. The claimed 800mhz you will get out of a 7 or 8" tablet is usually around 400-600mhz. So you will likely be better off with a 10" tablet as those claim 1ghz but spec at 800mhz. Most tablets are "hackable" and could actually use more Android developers. You can check out my site and see what I offer or shop around. I try to stock the more stable tablets.

Or you're trying to "pimp" out your site/shop? Who knows?

TheZ

Dec 20, 2010
Everything I said is factual. I've been a contributing member in the android dev. community for a while now and own many an android tablet. Pointing you to a site where you can find stable android tablets would have saved hundreds if not thousands of people the trouble that come to forums like this with issues concerning their tablet they bought from some china site. Apparently the gesture was little appreciated by you. Its sellers like me that take the time to weed out bad tablets,hardware,software, and importers so you can get a decent product.

Sorry I suggested ** ****(Yet told you to shop around) and I wish you luck with your tablet search friend.

ecargoonline

Dec 16, 2010
Hi all, I am looking into one of the Chinese tablets but really have no idea which route to take.

These are the specs I am looking for:
CPU: 800mhz+
Main memory: 512MB
Flash: 4GB+
microSD slot
Official market
Capacitive multi-touch display
7-8" display, minimum 800x600
Basically, the A8 with android 2.2 can meet your requirements except for the "Capacitive multi-touch display":)
And i'd like to tell you that there's only one Apad with multi-touch at the moment,and that's the 7" one with android 2.1 OS.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Nook Color or any 10" Tegra 2 tablet

There is an upcoming 9.7' IMX515 at 1024x768, not that I'm recommending it but just letting you know about it.

Why are you so keen on getting a Chinese tablet?

There is are theSamsung PV210 and an IMX515 tablets on the market that fit your requirements as Chinese tablets.

ecargoonline

Dec 16, 2010
Nook Color or any 10" Tegra 2 tablet

There is an upcoming 9.7' IMX515 at 1024x768, not that I'm recommending it but just letting you know about it.

Why are you so keen on getting a Chinese tablet?

There is are theSamsung PV210 and an IMX515 tablets on the market that fit your requirements as Chinese tablets.

Yes, i think it will be the hot sale product in the new year!:eek:

boxtraenco

Dec 14, 2010
Basically, the A8 with android 2.2 can meet your requirements except for the "Capacitive multi-touch display":)
And i'd like to tell you that there's only one Apad with multi-touch at the moment,and that's the 7" one with android 2.1 OS.

Capacitive 5 Points Touchscreen Metal Alloy HDMI E-reader Rockchip 2818 Android Tablet - US$ 188.00

I think,this is OK... 140,-Euro / 188,- Dolars incl. Free Shipping

Marry Chrismis

Last edited: