Which one to use as a barcode terminal?

jez

Jan 31, 2011
Hi guys,

I want to use android tablet as an data-collecting terminal, which means you can scan barcodes using internal camera and then with some data manipulation save it somewhere to server.

So, I am searching for a tablet which
  • rear camera
  • comfortable soft-keyboard - which means at least 7" (or a HW one)
  • reliable wifi
  • reliable altogether :)

and for best price, of course :D

Have you got any recommendation? NotionInkAdam looks promising, but I doubt a debugged version would be widely availiable in two months or so.

I think there is a huge space to use droid tablets in industrial daily-use, not only for us fans :)

thanks alot.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Not sure what's available in your locale. The Galaxy Tab fits your needs. You are basically limited to looking at mainly phone-tablets.

jez

Jan 31, 2011
Thanks xaueious, I have stumbled upon galaxy tab before, but thought it was quite expensive at first place. What do you think about that toshiba folio, do you have some experience with it? Its still cheaper. Or perhaps some phone with hw keyboard - which one you meant?

The point is, that for industry purpose I dont need any youtube or fb connection, memory card, usb or whatever, to use it as just a terminal its enough to have good keyboard (HW or good display with SW one), good connection and a camera.

PS. Michael, unless you are a spambot, I dont get you :]

thanks