Which screens are available for replacement?

wlester

Feb 27, 2012
I bought a Polaroid Android tablet, and of course, the screen cracked. This was just a cheap tablet, so I am not going to bother getting it repaired. It wasn't until after it broke that I became more aware of the android market and just how fragile most of the tablets actually are.

What I want to know is, since I am in the market for a new android tablet, which tablets are out there that have replacement screens available for them in case of another break? I am not going to pay someone $50 + the cost of the screen to repair my tablet. I can do it myself without a problem. While searching on the internet to see if I could get a screen for mine, I saw that there were plenty, just not for my tablet.

Also, is there a more durable tablet out there that can drop 4 inches and not have the screen crack?

Any tablet 7" to 10+". I am not particular to just one size. Which is better? If the screen is larger than the 7", is it more susceptible to cracking?

Thanks in advance to anyone that has an answer.

mog703

Feb 24, 2012
Check this out. Panasonic Toughpad Videos - Reliable Android Tablet Videos
how cool is that, but not cheap
Seems like the brand name tablet makers are making it kinda tough to find replacements. Ebay may be the best bet, but none seem any more available then others, unless you're looking for "phone" screens. I'm thinking the most readily available and least expensive glass/digitizers would be the "chinese" generic tablets like MID, wm8650, eken m009 etc... i've seen these very cheap but most sellers want you to buy bulk. I also think its a pretty good idea you have of considering availability of this for diy replacement.

wlester

Feb 27, 2012
Holy crap! $2500 for the tablet, but what it can withstand is unreal. I guess I would have to think of just how many tablets for $100 will I crack, break, or destroy to justify $2500 for the Panasonic Touchpad. If it was a business pad, sure, but I just want to play my Angry Birds, check my e-mail, log onto Facebook, etc...

I checked out those Chinese tablets at Wholesale ,Buy Wholesale from China Wholesaler at tradeage.com. $32 for a tablet and free shipping?!? Yeah, but you have to buy 100 of them, and shipping is free as long as it isn't being shipped to the USA. Then it is over $40 for 1 tablet to be shipped. With the amount of $$$ the USA is pumping into their economy, you would think that they would give us a break.

wlester

Feb 27, 2012
I think I would take better care of my next tablet.

I can only seem to find replacement screens for android phones. Someone could make a killing if they just sold some replacement screens for the tablets.