Which tablet did you buy and why?

Xoom1

Jul 27, 2011
I'm assuming its a netbook with win 7? Connecting to a wireless network? Why kind of router?

mtwd

Apr 27, 2011
I got the 7" galaxy.

Reasons:
Small enough to use as a notebook/appointment book at work
big enough to be comfortable as an e-reader
it was half price!

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
Actually the 32gig Ideapad is $499 and the 32gig Thinkpad is, I think, $579, plus $30 for the pen. I guess we will have to wait until the Thinkpad hits the market to know for sure.

Sent from my VM670 using Android Tablet Forum

spark

Jul 27, 2011
Is there a possibility to preorder it?
Tom, what do you think of the archos g9? It's going to be the fastest available tablet.

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
The g9 could be pretty incredible, and as usual with Archos it's primary focus is on media. An end of September release date could mean it will go up against some quadcore competition, but the price of the Archos will be hard to beat. I still have an Archos 5IT, and although I was initially worried about the seemingly fragile build I've had no trouble in the two years or so that I've owned it.

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Android Tablet Forum

MadWhiteNerd

Aug 5, 2011
I picked up the Acer Iconia A500 16gb tablet today at Wal-Mart. Tax free weekend plus an employee discount card meant I got this beauty for $358 USD and some change. For me, the choice was easy. I've been impressed by Honeycomb since the Xoom's announcement. The A500 is equal to the Xoom in many ways (except storage, obviously). It is slightly bigger and heavier, but only by a couple of millimeters/ounces so it's not a huge problem. Truly, if they had been priced the same I likely would have went with the Xoom, but the A500 is perfectly acceptable to me, especially at the price I got it.

I'm currently doing a system update from Acer. Let's see how this goes.

Xoom1

Jul 27, 2011
Well,I had a little problem with the Xoom last night.. Checked the weather on it,put it down for a min,picked it back up and nothing... Wouldn't power up,wouldn't charge nothing.. Took it back to bestbuy.. They messed with it and it just hangs on the loading screen.. I swapped it for the White 32 gig Samsung Galaxy.. Way more impressed with this one. So much lighter and just very easy to handle and hold. Love how it feels.. To me this is the best one hands down.

spark

Jul 27, 2011
And I thought you'd become some kind of an apple-fan of motorola.... One live, One brand, one tablet...:)
I wonder how much you're going to miss the port features as you don't have any usb or sd port on the galaxy tab.
@Tom T
These are actually my concerns, at the pictures the tablet didn't seem to be a very "stable" tablet. When do you expect the quadcore tablets? So early? Are there any official informations published from tablet manufacturers?

Xoom1

Jul 27, 2011
An why would you think that.. Just because I liked it.. ? The Galaxy has impressed me since I could mess with it ,without it being tethered.. You can get the add on dongle for usb.. I have the best buy,buy back program so anything I get will be temporary anyhow.. The new ones will be out by oct I bet,to push them out before xmas..

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
@spark
The Amazon tablets are supposed to be available in October and at least one of them will use the quad core Tegra chipset.

Xoom1

Jul 27, 2011
I'm sure others will have quad cores out too.. I don't really think quad core would matter as much as jacking up the speed on a dual core. I'm sure they will start coming out with 2 gigs of ram also.. Its not like your running pc games on these things.. They could just go to a 2 gig dual processor. But they want to upgrade by increments to milk these things.. Probably not as milked as the ipads or anything else apple.

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
They could, but they wont. By next Christmas dual core will be a thing of the past but I wouldn't worry about it. Right now my Galaxy Tab 7" will run way more software, and is more stable than any dual core machine out there. Asus already said its next machine will be quad core. And they all have to worry about where Apple is goingwith the iPad three. Motorola was already upset by negative comparisons of the Xoom next to the iPad 2.

JohnHenton

Apr 24, 2011
Purchased a Xoom really to be able to surf the web and do work. Our best phones still can't truly browse the internet yet.

Xoom1

Jul 27, 2011
I loved my Xoom,but it died the 1st week I had it.. Got the Galaxy 10.1 and I like it a lot more.. The Xoom was just heavy enough that it was making my shoulders ache.. I don't get the from the galaxy. I just like everything about the galaxy..