Which tablets allows streaming videos directly from USB drive?

safren

Oct 17, 2012
Which tablets (preferably bellow 350$) allows streaming videos directly from USB drive without copying the files? I read the Nexus can with some software. Which of them has an HDMI port and a separate power port as well?

jgumphress

Sep 6, 2011
I know that the Acer tablet do, I had one. But now I have the Nexus 7 and with the app, Nexus Media Importer, you can view from a flash drive. But you will also need to adapt the standard USB of the flash drive down to the micro-usb. Adapters on Amazon are less than a US dollar to about two dollars. The app is $3.00US.

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
As far as I know, the only tablets that cannot connect to TV & Power are those that do not have an HDMI output. The only tablets that I know of that use the power connector for HDMI output are the original Galaxy Tab, and also the crApple tablets. All of them have a way to power the tablet by having another dock connector on them to plug the charging cable into it.

There may be some cheaper tablets that have something similar, but if the tablet has its own dedicated HDMI port, you have nothing to worry about.