While walking down the sidewalk texting, you meet a Bear. What do you do?

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Jan 5, 2011
bear-table.jpg

Sometimes the news is exciting, and sometimes it's somber. Other times it can get people riled up, while occasionally it makes us laugh. This next story falls into that last category. Basically this piece exemplifies how much we have come to rely upon, and become enamored by, technology to such a degree that we become distracted by it, potentially to our detriment.

"Enter a Bear" - stage left - to remind us we still live in a real world. Luckily, in this instance, only hilarity ensues at about the .25 mark in the video.

Update: The previous video was taken down by the OG user, but I found another to put in its place. Enjoy!

Source: PhoneArena

Last edited by a moderator:
J

jimbo7630

YouTube has been busy removing all copies of this Video EXCEPT this one! LOL!

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Looks like they got this one too - it shows 'Video removed by the user'. :(

I don't think "they" removed it, I think dgstorm did. Anyone know what all the fuss id about, I didn't notice anything wrong?

J

jimbo7630

It's a Copyright issue, "Tribune" have exerted pressure!

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Jan 5, 2011
I don't think "they" removed it, I think dgstorm did. Anyone know what all the fuss id about, I didn't notice anything wrong?

LOL> I have no idea how you came to the conclusion that I took it down. It isn't my Youtube channel so that isn't possible. Just FYI. Why would I take the video (which is the punchline) out of my story? (Not trying to be snarky... just sharing. ;))

At any rate, I found it strange that they were taking it down too. My guess is that they only wanted a final edited version from that local news company. Regardless, I found another one for you guys, and edited the story to reflect. Enjoy! :)

Last edited:

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Jan 5, 2011
Thank you! It's also higher definition as well, so it makes for easier viewing. :)

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
I watching this version with the slow-mo I'm surprised the guy didn't drop his phone!

J

jimbo7630

The only thing that dropped landed with a soft plop in his pants! lol

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011
I guess that gave him something actually worthwile to text about for a change.....:) what next? Texter walks into bank robbery? Any other 'intersting' suggestions? Lol

Sent from my M9701 using Android Tablet

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
The only thing that dropped landed with a soft plop in his pants! lol

Not to thread jack this but in keeping with the humorous tone of the thread...

Last edited by a moderator: