White screen with lines on - Sumvision Cyclone Voyager 7

Klunk

May 16, 2013
I stupidly let my 15yr old use my tablet constantly. It's now magically appeared but when you turn it on the screen is white with lines on it. He denies any knowledge of how and why this happened!! :mad:

Does this mean that the tablet is "Kaput??!" :eek:

He wont touch anything of mine ever again!! :mad:

Thanks for any advice in advance.

IndigoUK

May 18, 2013
Hi Klunk,
I've had the exact same Tablet since Xmas. For the first four months it performed perfectly. Then it developed the same fault you are describing (I seem to remember the stripes were greenish in colour). I contacted the retailer (Ebuyer), who gave me a return number and address to send it to, within a week I had a brand new tablet from them (Kudos to them).
Unfortunately the new tablet (I'm certain it was new as all the wrapping was factory applied) would just open to a white screen (no stripes) . I read the instructions and found the 'RESET' button which shares it hole with the MIC and is situated by the MicroSD card slot. Thankfully pressing this in for 5 seconds worked and the machine came to life.
That was a month ago, today the new machine went back to the white screen and the reset button has no effect until I gave it a long battery recharge and then started it up while holding down the +volume button.
IMO don't be too hard on the teenager as it is something I have now experienced myself 3 times.
Hope that is of help