Why Lenovo Sucks.

How would rate Lenovo on a scale from 1-10

• Total voters

jasonkrasnov

Jun 11, 2012
At first, I was really thinking about buying a tablet from Lenovo. Now...not so much. Apparently, I am reading a lot of interesting discussions on people who are totally unsatisfied by Lenovo's products and at a company who does not care a whole lot about their customers. Here are just some of the comments I have read:

"I have lost the use of my money for this delay. I have had suffer the inconvenience due to someone not doing their job correctly. I have lost the potential interest it would have received, now I am being informed that the best that will be done is my principal is all that will be refunded & I have to wait yet another 2 – 4 business days?

"For a company as large as Lenovo, surely you can do better than that. This entire process has been from the beginning absolutely a frustrating one. Additionally per the email string below my restocking fee would be reimbursed. So…., subsequently I will have to now wait en even longer delay for it as well?!"

"So, I gave up and sent it in for repair. Two weeks later, I followed up. They had received it, but they were waiting for some parts. An hour later I was told that the parts would arrive in approximately SIX WEEKS. So let me get this straight. I get a lemon, send it in for repair, have to pay for shipping and have to wait two months?"

In addition, at my job we experienced a major upset with the Lenovo Ideapad A1. Click here to read about it on our blog.

Does anyone else feel skeptical to buy Lenovo Products or is it just me? Also, if you have a tablet that you are totally satisfied with, which are you using now? Please share your feedback and responses.

$broken-tablet.jpg

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I have been a Lenovo laptop user for some time and so far they (at least 3 of mine) have worked great and I've had no problem with support. I also highy recommened the Lenovo laptops to my customers and they also love them. I do know one Lenovo tablet user personally and he seems to be pleased with it but I have a vendor here who wants me to resell them. After putting my hands on it I thought it was a tad clunky (not just compared to my Transformer Prime).

I currently support 8 Transformer Prime users, 7 Transformer TF101 users and recently 2 TF300T users. (I'm in the computer business) All are running great and doing everything the users are asking of them. Virtually all of my customers using tablets use them primarily for business. I will say that as a second choice I would probably consider some of the Samsung tablets, but for usefulness and flexibility the Transformers are hard to beat.

I know several people with various other tablets and there are some nice ones but the one Thrive owner I know wants my Transformer.

Androidfonefan

Jan 14, 2012
Never had a Lenovo laptop, but had 3 Motorola before they sold to Lenovo and had hardware failure on all three.
However I do have a Lenovo IdeaPad A1 and it works very well, I fact I am much happier with it than I thought I would be.
I use my Thrive and IPad at home most of the time now and take the Lenovo on the road.
If i had to rate it I would give it 4.5 out of 5 stars. Only because they should have doubled the ram IMHO. Otherwise it is a very good device.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk 2

cal67

Aug 4, 2011
I have a number of their laptops, and yes some do have some issues, but I haven't run across any brands that don't have any quirks. As far as the tablet, I've got one (it is a refurb) and have absolutely no issues or problems with it. I am very happy with it.

Androidfonefan

Jan 14, 2012
A question about the poll. Scale of 1 to 10 one being what and 10 being what?
Is 10 good or bad? is 1 good or bad?

jpisini

Dec 29, 2011
I have had my A1 one for a little over 3 months and I have to say I am still very happy with it. Works well and battery life is decent.