Wi-fi connection problems after Honeycomb

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Wifi is different though. The changes in the underlying OS could have revealed a problem with your network that GB just happened to work with. For example it is not uncommon for people to find out their firmware on their router is out of date (who ever thinks about that?) and a simple update of the router has been able to fix many problems. In those cases it isn't just an ICS issue but it might be the thing that exposes the issue.

Try the wifi analyzer and see what happens. I am leaning towards the issue not being with the tablet at this point. Particularly if you can get it to work on other networks without issue.

Roger2008

Apr 4, 2012
J515OP said:
Try the wifi analyzer and see what happens. I am leaning towards the issue not being with the tablet at this point. Particularly if you can get it to work on other networks without issue.

Ok, I tried that application and then I tried something concerning where using my HC VTAB as a Web Server is concerned and I got that "invalid password" error on another network so now I have a clue on what a problem is.

I was in the process of changing from a dynamic ip to a static ip and that "invalid password" showed up a few times while the gateway and DNS settings were different. Now that those two settings are the same those error messages have stopped.

After testing my problem WiFi out setting it up with a Static IP address didn't chanage anything because I still got that message about the password.

As far as using my HC VTAB as a Web Server is concerned. The WiFi will stay active with the screen off if I use Tunein Radio at the same time I use kWS. Now I just have to see how long it will stay active but I don't see why it can't keep the WiFi active for months with the screen off.

Sent from my HC VTAB1008 using Android Tablet

Last edited:

Roger2008

Apr 4, 2012
I can no longer connect to my SSID and keep getting an error "incorrect password" or it just scans, autheticates and disables.

I've had the exact same problem and Vizio claims it is a hardware problem and have agreed to let me exchange my tablet and I found out something interesting today. I found out that when connecting to my cell phone the HC VTAB does better than the GB VTAB.

So it seems Vizio sped up the HC wireless for some connections but in the process completely destroyed it for other connections.

FanNo301

Oct 15, 2011
May want to look at your router/gateway/wireless set-up. I have to check my Wireless MAC Access Control and/or Firewall MAC Address Filtering settings when I let someone access my WiFi.

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Android Tablet

Roger2008

Apr 4, 2012
May want to look at your router/gateway/wireless set-up. I have to check my Wireless MAC Access Control and/or Firewall MAC Address Filtering settings when I let someone access my WiFi.

But I was trying to connect to a public network where nothing is locked out.

Roger2008

Apr 4, 2012
What do our pals in SoDak say?

I've been given the OK to exchange it but my HC VTAB1008 is in perfect shape except for the software and I didn't want to risk getting one back with scratches and dents so I just leave my HC VTAB1008 at home more to avoid the WiFi problem.

I still have not seen anything about the update to VIA 2.1 yet and even if I do I'll probably pass on it until I can get more documented with the VIA 2.0.

bodasefus

Jan 2, 2011
I have the similar problem... I am connecting to Airlink AR670W which is running DD-WRT... I can connect OK to the wireless and can get Gmail OK... Sometimes when I connect to the store,,, it will tell me I am not connected but the router lists my connection... I have replaced the tablet with Vizio and sometimes it works,,, sometimes not... I can go to a neighbors house and have his router hookup to my home... when I hookup to his router and it works great... We are both running DD-WRT and firmwares are up to date...
It is very strange that I can hookup to his router and works great and when I hookup at home on my router,,, I get timeouts... The router at my home is using B-G-N class and my neighbors is just a B-G... I am wondering if the N class code is messing up the tablets hookup problems... Any thoughts???

romiust

Apr 18, 2012
"Try the wifi analyzer and see what happens. I am leaning towards the issue not being with the tablet at this point. Particularly if you can get it to work on other networks without issue.[/QUOTE]"

Have the same problems at some public wifi areas. I also can't get any tether applications to sync (other than one and it's quite slow) same problems with saying I am putting in a wrong password when I am on open network and tried forgetting and all the other suggestions...

rdarrelt

Nov 29, 2011
Sorry to disappoint those hoping this is not a VTab issue but I've noticed that my VTab also has connection problems since the update. I didn't think too much about it at first because I've been busy with other things and also have several other devices that I use. I was getting the incorrect password message for a while but that went away. Now I connect but the signal strength is very low. Even when sitting in a room next to the wireless router (Apple Airport). I used to get a much stronger signal but now I often only see the single dot on the meter. I hope an update will correct this problem.