wifi disconnecting

samsaysmore

Mar 9, 2011
Hi! So I posted this in my intro but thought maybe it'll have a better chance of being answered here.

I have a superpad 2.1 update 1
Kernel 2.6.32.9
Build deb-r-2.1-1623

I got the pad yesterday and used my boyfriends wifi (no password) and connected to the net and registered etc no problem.
Got home and tried to connect to my wifi internet (username and password) and it connects but then 5 seconds later it disconnects.

I did a quick search as to what the problem might be but as a noob I don't really understand what I must do etc

Thanks in advance.

jpfx

Dec 26, 2010
does the connection continually cycle with connecting and failing?

if you can:
test by moving closer to the wifi switch
disable the username/password on the switch temporarily
try a different protocol for securing the switch
use mac addresses instead of encryption which will prevent casual wifi theft.

the tablet wifi obviously works. the OS might not be compatible with the security on your wifi. Whether this is fixable might only be addressed in an update.
Failing that, info in forums might help but unless someone with the same tab and problem has written about it such that it turns up in a search... it's probably impossible to tell the good info from the bad.

notyette

Dec 23, 2011
I also have this problem. I bought two 7" MID android tablets. They came from China. I wanted to connect a keyboard but nothing works with the mini USB port available. Still can't get the wifi to stick. Just goes round and round, scanning, connecting, disconnecting, scanning, etc. Basically I can do nothing with these two tablets except move from screen to screen. What a waste of money.