WiFi Disconnecting

pw29010

Jun 12, 2014
For the last few days my note tablet keeps connecting and disconecting from my home bt wifi broadband. It will connect then disconnect and repeats. I get a message saying network disabled because internet is too slow. Im also having this problem with my samsung galaxy s3, my laptop connects fine. Any help would be appreciated

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

The problem, if it had been connecting fine in the past, may be as simple as restarting the WiFi router. Give it a try.

pw29010

Jun 12, 2014
Welcome to the forum

The problem, if it had been connecting fine in the past, may be as simple as restarting the WiFi router. Give it a try.

ive tried restarting/ressetting the router and tried cchanging the wifi channels

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Try a long press of the connection on the tablet, restart, then try connecting again. The problem really does sound like the router but if you reset it to defaults and it still didn't work then I'm running out of options. You may want to find a free hotspot somewhere and see if you can get connected there.

pw29010

Jun 12, 2014
Try a long press of the connection on the tablet, restart, then try connecting again. The problem really does sound like the router but if you reset it to defaults and it still didn't work then I'm running out of options. You may want to find a free hotspot somewhere and see if you can get connected there.

tried that still no luck. it does the same for open wifi hotspots. i noticed when my home wifi disconnects it says not in range

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Definitely running out of options. The only other thing I can think of would be an app you have installed or possibly disabled. That would include any anti virus app or power management app.

You are nearly to the point of a factory reset to see if it resolves the issue.

pw29010

Jun 12, 2014
ok. like i said ive got the same problem on my phone, that connects fine to my girlfriends sky wifi. i dont think ive downloaded any apps on either in the last couple of weeks

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I'm starting to feel like I'm not getting the whole story. It sounds like we're back to the router again. I would check for a router firmware update and do a factory reset of the router, again.

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
Actually I had the same problem. You'll need to get an app called WIFI FIXER. Also make sure you use the 2.4GHz wifi option and disable the 5.8GHz option on your router.

The WIFI FIXER app is excellent because it will maintain the connection and on ocassions connection fails it will force reconnection - the "out of range" will not happen. This appears to be a problem with samsung.

whittaylor

Apr 12, 2016
Yours is an invaluable tip. Have been driven to distraction by my Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 constantly disconnecting from perfectly good WiFi channels.

Neoison

Jun 18, 2016
I have a new sm-T813 Tab S2 9.7 in white and have had it for 3 days and dropped wifi 10 times an hour or more. My kids cheap tabs work fine, my old Lenovo Tab 2 A10 with same apps is fine..

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I have a new sm-T813 Tab S2 9.7 in white and have had it for 3 days and dropped wifi 10 times an hour or more. My kids cheap tabs work fine, my old Lenovo Tab 2 A10 with same apps is fine..
Welcome to the forum

The first thing to do would be to see if you can connect to another WiFi reliably. If not you may want to get it swapped for another one.

Neoison

Jun 18, 2016
Welcome to the forum

The first thing to do would be to see if you can connect to another WiFi reliably. If not you may want to get it swapped for another one.
Yeah I'm just going to exchange it again the first one screen died when I put an memory card in.. crazy when I have owned tab pro, tab s and a Tab s2 8.0 with no issues.