wifi hotspot issue... help

rom6

Nov 26, 2012
hi just brought Share Android Tablet 4.0, I tried to use the portable wifi hotspot feature, initialy it was good since I was able to connect my Iphone 3g and Samsung phone to the device. The wifi signal on the Iphone and samsung phones are at max signal, but when I tried to use the internet connection, I wasnt able to connect online, "not connected to the internet" error msg appears. Do I need to set up something either from the phone or tablet to make this happen? help! tnx...:cool:

Dabber

Feb 14, 2013
I have the same problem but with the Hipster Flare HS-9DTB4-8GB. Any luck with yours yet??

Greasy

Jan 11, 2013
You need to be able to make the phones into Wifi hotspots .. but sorry, not a clue how to do that!

Or maybe you need to tether them via bluetooth, maybe, to use them as Access Points.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
The only thing that comes to mind is that you may need to check the hotspot security settings on the tablet. I suppose you are going to settings > WiFi on the phone to connect. Are you getting any errors?

Billl

Feb 23, 2013
I have the same problem using a Droid RAZR M hot spot with both of my Android 4.0 tablets. The hotspot shows when connected as a strong signal but does not actually connect to the internet. However, it works perfectly with my lap top. I also have the Verizon MIFI jet pack that is supposed to share my data that does connect to the lap top and both tablets. This does not make any sense since Verizon tells me it is really the same signal. I think there must be some kind of special set up in the tablets for the signal but have not been able to find it. Also frustrating is that sometimes the tablets do connect to the internet - perhaps for a few minutes and then drops off. Anyone got any ides?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
If you can find the IP (range) address of the device you are trying to connect to you can try putting in fixed IP and DNS information on the tablet. That could stop the disconnect issues.