Wifi in "connecting/scanning" loop

HagbardCeline

Nov 10, 2011
I have seen variations on this problem on this forum and others. The difference in my situation is that my Galaxy Tab out of the box worked with my home WiFi just fine. I've had the pad a week and up until I shut it off last night I had no problems connecting to my home WiFi or any other network I've tried to connect to. Then suddenly this morning I wake up and it won't connect. Nothing has changed on my router at all. I tried setting a fixed IP as well, which was one of the solutions on other forums and that had no effect.

The main thing I'm wondering is what will resetting to factory defaults do exactly to my pad? Will it kill the apps I've installed? Will it wipe the data on the MyFiles section?

Thanks!

HB

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
I have seen variations on this problem on this forum and others. The difference in my situation is that my Galaxy Tab out of the box worked with my home WiFi just fine. I've had the pad a week and up until I shut it off last night I had no problems connecting to my home WiFi or any other network I've tried to connect to. Then suddenly this morning I wake up and it won't connect. Nothing has changed on my router at all. I tried setting a fixed IP as well, which was one of the solutions on other forums and that had no effect.

The main thing I'm wondering is what will resetting to factory defaults do exactly to my pad? Will it kill the apps I've installed? Will it wipe the data on the MyFiles section?

Thanks!

HB

Try going to settings manage wireless then long press on your router and select forget then try to connect again

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

HagbardCeline

Nov 10, 2011
I had tried to make it "forget" and reconnect, but that didn't work either. I finally ended up going into my router and booting the tablet from the client table, and then reconnecting, and it worked again. Thanks for the reply!!