Wifi Problems for rooted users please check this.

salty

Jan 1, 2012
The specs above are identical on both tablets we have. I'll see if I can open one and see if the Realtek 8188 is inside.

salty

Jan 1, 2012
Could the operating system version picture with the 8188 at the end of the number sequence mean that the Realtek 8188 wireless is inside?

vdubbus77

Nov 29, 2011
Could the operating system version picture with the 8188 at the end of the number sequence mean that the Realtek 8188 wireless is inside?

Good Call, I bet your right. check the thread I just put up and take one more step to verify the wifi version.

vdubbus77

Nov 29, 2011
Hmm It kind of fixed it. Not getting wifi error and its scanning wifi connections, but it doesnt connect when I try to connect to my wifi. I think it fails on the "obtaining IP part."

Try a reboot, remember that the wifi is very temperamental. But the "error" is gone now and you can see access points?

lawlbear

Dec 26, 2011
Yep it works now thank you so much. There is a tiny problem though. I cant seem to delete the desktop shortcuts. Nothing happens when I try holding down the icon to send it to the trashbin.

meepinator

Jan 1, 2012
Yep it works now thank you so much. There is a tiny problem though. I cant seem to delete the desktop shortcuts. Nothing happens when I try holding down the icon to send it to the trashbin.

I had actually always had that problem with my tablet, it's interesting that it carried over in the ROM. If you go to another screen and place the analog clock widget, then use it to go to alarms, then press the home screen button in the top left, you can then move the icons. Not sure why that works, but see if it will work for you.

vdubbus77

Nov 29, 2011

That's an Original Rom, so I don't think it will let you move that stuff around.

vdubbus77

Nov 29, 2011
I had actually always had that problem with my tablet, it's interesting that it carried over in the ROM. If you go to another screen and place the analog clock widget, then use it to go to alarms, then press the home screen button in the top left, you can then move the icons. Not sure why that works, but see if it will work for you.

Check your PM's

lawlbear

Dec 26, 2011

XD wow that actually worked, thank you.
So there is no working root at the moment for the cmp738b?

meepinator

Jan 1, 2012
You can actually just go to another page, press the clock/time button next to the app tray, then go to the homepage from there and it should work as well, saves the space the analog clock widget takes up.

As for the rooted ROM, I think vdubbus is waiting on more confirmations that it fixes the error tablets first, just to make sure that the problem was indeed found.

nawafpower

Nov 30, 2011
Hi, I haven't try the new ROM on my Craig tablet yet, do we have to use the SD version or the RK utility? or it doesn't matter.
Thanks for the great work, I hope that I will get my wifi back, I'm out and my tablet is home, I'm so excited though.

meepinator

Jan 1, 2012
Hi, I haven't try the new ROM on my Craig tablet yet, do we have to use the SD version or the RK utility? or it doesn't matter.
Thanks for the great work, I hope that I will get my wifi back, I'm out and my tablet is home, I'm so excited though.

I'm not sure about the RK utility method, but I flashed mine with the SD card method and it's working fine.