Will McPad F1 (AllWinner A13) get the speech-input features of Android?

Labyrintho

Jul 5, 2012
I bought a McPad F1 and overall have been pretty pleased with it, especially considering the price. :)

But one conspicuous disappointment has been the lack of speech input (speech-to-text) for dictating messages and queries. This is standard in Android 4.X, but not found on my McPad F1's Android 4.03.

Will the F1 be gaining these features soon, I hope?

Thanks!

McBub.com

Jan 14, 2012
Hi Labyrintho

Thanks for your attention and suggestion. We have communicated with our manufacturer about this point. And they are trying to improve that. I will upload the new firmware when it is done.

Mcbub.com

Labyrintho

Jul 5, 2012
Hi Labyrintho

Thanks for your attention and suggestion. We have communicated with our manufacturer about this point. And they are trying to improve that. I will upload the new firmware when it is done.

Mcbub.com

I look forward to seeing the results! I wonder if a single-core CPU is simply not up to the task of preprocessing the voice input for the Google servers--that's my fear. We shall see!

Thanks for your reply, and for the great little tablet.

Labyrintho

Jul 5, 2012
Maybe this is the more sensible question to ask today: will the McPad F1 ever get full-blown Android Jellybean? :D In English? (hope, hope, hope....)

rsargent

Aug 14, 2012

Where would such updated firmware be uploaded?

McBub.com

Jan 14, 2012
Maybe this is the more sensible question to ask today: will the McPad F1 ever get full-blown Android Jellybean? :D In English? (hope, hope, hope....)

Haaaa thanks for your suggestion, we are trying....
And now McBub had stocked Jellybean OS tablet, Dual core RK3066. click here to view more.

Labyrintho

Jul 5, 2012
I hope there are some updates! The F1 tablet is a great bargain, but kind of painful to use right now: so slow, and no speech-to-text input. Thanks for keeping us updated!

McBub.com

Jan 14, 2012
Thanks for your attention. you can clear the cache and it will be fast. Sorry we dont have new update firmware now. ^^

CosmoKramer

Sep 6, 2012
I had the McPad F1 about a month ago and was able to get Speech Input working. I also just got the Onda V711 and did the same thing to get speech input working.

I just downloaded the 1Mobile Market and searched and installed "voice search". It's version 2.1.4. After that you just open it and Voice Search should work :D I'm sure there are other ways, but this worked for me everytime. I also installed Voice Search on x86 platform with this way as well.

Let me know if it worked. Good luck

Labyrintho

Jul 5, 2012
I had the McPad F1 about a month ago and was able to get Speech Input working. I also just got the Onda V711 and did the same thing to get speech input working.

I just downloaded the 1Mobile Market and searched and installed "voice search". It's version 2.1.4. After that you just open it and Voice Search should work :D I'm sure there are other ways, but this worked for me everytime. I also installed Voice Search on x86 platform with this way as well.

Let me know if it worked. Good luck

Well, I was hoping for the real Jelly Bean continuous speech dictation, but that's probably forever a dream on this device.

For some reason, I was not able to install Voice Search Advanced. Or at least, it's been "installing" for the last 20 minutes or so....

I really appreciate your efforts--thanks for the suggestions.