Window N50DT tablet?

CenturionFive

Dec 11, 2010
I just purchased a Window N50DT after watching a couple youtube reveiws. It is basically for a media and gaming device when I do not want to use my Acer Iconia.

The specs are as follows:

8GB (?)
Manufacturer: Window
(?)
CPU: Rockchip RK2918 Cortex-A8
RAM: 512MB RAM
Display: 5-inch Capacitive Multi-Touch, 800 X 600
Camera: Front
Wireless and Cellular: Wi-Fi (802.11a/b/g/n)
GPS: No
Sensors: G-Sensor
Input/Output:
  • checkbox_ticked.gif
    3.5-mm stereo headphone
  • checkbox_ticked.gif
    mini USB port
  • checkbox_ticked.gif
    micro SD card slot
  • checkbox_ticked.gif
    Built-in speaker
  • checkbox_ticked.gif
    Microphone

Battery: 3200mAH
Size & Weight: 137 x 91 x 13.4 mm

The biggest missing features are bluetooth & GPS, but you cannot have everything.

I have been wondering why there has not been any Android based competitors for the iTouch.

My Iconia tab is great, it has replaced my much bulkier netbook when I am away from the desktop but there are times that something smaller would be better. My Optimus phone is fine for a phone but is too small for many things. I think this will do quite nicely.

I will report back after it arrives. That brings up another thing. I ordered this Sept. 30 from HongKong and on Oct. 1 they put a notice up on their site that anything ordered between Sept. 29 and Oct. 9 will not ship until Oct. 10 because of Chinese Holidays! First, wish they would have posted this notice on Sept. 29 and second, ten days for national holidays!

Cen5

plasmadis

Oct 5, 2011
Heh, your post is the #2 result in Google for "n50dt". I too am pretty much sold on it. I think the 5" size is perfect. I once had a 7" tablet and found it to be too bulky. I was just considering the Samsung Galaxy Player 5.0 last week, another 5" tablet that'll be coming out soon, but the $269 they want for it is a bit steep. When I saw what the n50dt could do at its price I was blown away. The guys who made those YouTubes did a great job.I have an LG Optimus V on Virgin Mobile which is a great phone, but I'm tired of squinting down at its 3.2" screen. I'd like to carry both devices around, use the phone when I need to make calls or send a quick message, but use the n50dt when I want to play games, watch movies, or do some serious web surfing. It'd be nice to have one device, but I doubt Virgin's getting a 5" phone any time soon, and even if they did, it wouldn't be this cheap.Yeah, the Chinese holidays are a bummer, but I'll be getting paid around when they end, so it works out.

CenturionFive

Dec 11, 2010
My new 5" tablet is on its way finally. I paid extra for Express Mail, hoping it gets here soon... I will update when it arrives.

CenturionFive

Dec 11, 2010
Well, it arrived. Spent more time in customs than actually in transit, but it's here.

It is a sturdy piece of hardware and it performs about like I expected. It plays video (Davi, mkv. & mp4) and music just fine.
It has played games and productivity apps just fine. The wifi has been rock solid on my wep protected uverse router, my phones wep protected hot spot and my offices public hotspots.

My complaints are that there is no charging indicator led, the charging cord is only 3' and I am getting 'insufficient memory to install' message way sooner than I think I should. My nook color never gave me that message and I had more apps installed in the same amount of system memory.

One other thing is even though I have chosen US ENGLISH as my language there are a lot of dialog boxes in Chinese...

All in all I like it though...

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

tiffy400

Jan 16, 2011
i got my n50dt this week looks & mostly works well however the usbs (host & otg) don't work. supplier tells me to change f/w from 1027 to 0905. can anybody out there explain in plain english how to do this? been around mp4nation, yuodaocn etc d/l rar & updater.exe to sd card how do i proceed from here? how do you activate exe files?(they show in explorer with shield icon) and i get a vast list of programs to use(aldiko?) any simple help appreciated