Windows XP Computer Sees Asus tf300 Tablet As Only A Camera

jim4065

May 21, 2012
I'm trying to copy some DVD movies onto my tablet using DVD Catalyst 4. It converts the files OK and stores them into "My Videos" but then when I connect the USB cable and click START/MY COMPUTER/ etc it shows the ASUS TF300 as a camera and doesn't show the file folder names or anything which would allow me to "drag and drop" the videos into the gallery or wherever. Any ideas? (And I did look through the titles on these threads for this question).

D

dvdcatalyst

Disconnect your TF300 first.

Most Android tablets rely on the latest Windows Media Player to be installed on your computer. If you have not done so already, please download and install it from here:
Windows Media Player - Microsoft Windows

In addition, make sure you install the Asus driver, which can be found here:

ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T

in the OS selection, select "others" and then tap on "Utilities" and download the PC Suite.

After install, connect your TF300.

If it still appears as a camera, unlock (swipe) your TF300, and go into its settings app.

In there, select storage.

At the top right, tap on the 3 dots, which should bring up "usb computer connection" or something similar. Tap on that, and then select Media Device.

Disconnect your transformer, and connect it again. Now it should work.

If the above doesn't help, I would suggest to contact Asus in order to assist you with your connectivity issue.