wireless issue on AMID-972XS

pellicle

Oct 23, 2012
Well I prefer the saved battery over a little lag time reconnecting, it's only about 5 seconds but still enough to notice. It's a bit annoying because my phone doesn't do it and I just checked it's set to turn off wifi during sleep too. Anyway it's a minor thing for me.
well 1) my nokia with its tiny battery gets 2 days of being on WiFi between charges, so how much power does the tablet reasonabl need? 2) my tablet takes a good 30 seconds to establish wifi again 3) something like 80% of the power goes into the screen anyway

pellicle

Oct 23, 2012
was just in the midst of posting somethin encouraging about the post upgrade wifi ability when it dropped its wifi and the browser lost everything I was typing.

saves me reracting that :)

Robbo

Sep 8, 2012
I must admit, I haven't looked hard at the WiFi settings for the tablet, it gets shut down so I wasn't overly concerned about massive battery life in standby. The phone is much more important in this regard, it stays on.
My wireless has been good on both our tablets. No complaints whatsoever with that. I'd go through the settings carefully and try to decide if the tablet may be faulty. I have had issues with routers in the past. Caused a lot of problems between computer or mobile device use.
BTW, the TouchPal keyboard doesn't need to be used Swype style. I still key in. That being mentioned, I do want to see how Swype works, more for the phone.
At any rate, TouchPal beats the included keyboard hands down!

Sent from my AMID-972XS using Tapatalk 2

pellicle

Oct 23, 2012
hi

the problem i have is that when suspending (quick press of power button) and being connected to a wifi, i then leave and go out of range. I expect that the issue is related to something like email, Facebook, twitter or the like attempting to update by waking up the wlan and then dying in the arse