WM8650 7" 800x480 green LED no vibrate - now Dead!

ctsilva73

Jul 2, 2011
i cant even get it to boot any rom at all i have downloaded every rom i could find and my tablet just wont boot to the card at all id just lights up the green light and thats it

Mario1DaBoss

Jul 3, 2011
I have the same tablet, I believe.
Sent you a PM on how to contact me if you want the stock ROM.
Provide some pics so I can see if its the same one.
Mine has mic on right side and a "reset" hole on left side that doesn't actually do anything.
Had a hologram sticker on the left side (small one).
Has 2 on back, one says HJ-V713 0401858 other one is blue with some dates, 11 and 4 are striked out.

hanan123

Aug 21, 2011
respected all forum members, plz help me
i have wm8650 7" green led. i think i was wrong rom install on my tablet now it's black screen, i try to flash many more rom's but nothing to boot, no indication only green light.
anyone have solution? kindly help me.
thanks in advance..

cjbnc

Aug 22, 2011
Option 7 might work. The model on my box said bly 706 f.

My Green LED no vibrate model sounds a lot like the OP's version. Indeed, it loaded HC option 7 just fine. I tried option 1 first and it failed with the endless logo.

bobriley

Oct 13, 2011
i have what i think is the wonder media wb8650 i used option 8 it boots up and everything but i cant touch it it will not interact at all i need it fixed since its my moms so :p

ziggy1_0

Nov 14, 2011
Hi All,

Firstly, I'm glad that I found this wonderful forum which gave me some sense of hope.

Now coming to the subject - well I bought a generic wm8650 7" tablet off a chinese vendor.
The tablet looks exactly same as mentioned in most of the threads on this forum:
- 7" resistive 2-pt touch, 800x480, no-name on back
- Green LED on boot, red on charge, no vibration on boot
- Android 2.2
-wm8650 800 mhz + 300 mhz DSP
- front .3 mp camera
-30-pin connector for rj45 and USB box
- Box says MID and no company name
- Does not have any reset pin/hole on the tablet

Well, the tablet worked fine out of the box. It was slow but I could live with it. Then I came across couple of forums (tipstr and techknow) and i tried a few ROMs to boost the performance. And that's where my misery started.
I tried couple of HcH ROMs (Uberoid) but couldn't go past Uberiod logo on boot.
Then to restore back, I tried M009s firmwares (all variants, modded and stock). It booted once successfully but touch was not working. I followed instructions to replace vt1603 with uorx stuff but did not help. Infact on doing that, the tablet got stuck at "loading..." prompt.

So far I have tried quite a few ROMs - from Tipstr forums as well. Apparently, the ROMs sometimes loads and then i get touch-less screen but some times they are stuck at "WM8650 Android2.2 loading..." and don't move forward.

I ripped open the tablet and confirmed it is indeed wm8650. I also found supposedly a reset switch at the bottom which could oot be accesses from outside. Tried pressing it. Only difference it makes is the tablet starts with a long press as before but again sits on a blank screen. On ROM update, it sits on "updating" prompt.

As you'd notice, I've run out of ideas more or less. Have tried couple of cards one 2 GB other 512 MB to make sure its not the card. Can someone pls show me the light. I feel the tablet can still be revived coz it sometimes loads the ROM successfully (once in 10 times) with no touch screen. Is there a stock ROM which can revive it. I'm pretty sure it's not M009s since it has Green LED and does not vibrate on startup. If this is the end of the road then I might start looking for a branded one but not before i have exhausted all the options.

Now, the other possibility i see is the cards are not being formatted properly. Can some one share how they format the card for ROM update?

Sorry for a long rambling but wanted to provide enough information to help you guys guide me in right direction. Thanks!

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

If your back barcode starts with HJ-V71 this should work flawlessly.

I had this tablet and thought I had bricked it and nothing seemed to work. I found out this flash compleyely by accident and it worked. Miracles can and do happen.

Just remember to pull up market on application, clear all data and force close and do the same with google sevices framework.

Here is the link

Android Tablet PC's | Tablet PC | Android Tablet | Handhel Tablet PC - Downloads