WM8650 7" 800x480 green LED no vibrate - now Dead!

crazycalvin

May 13, 2011
Yes. Not sure if someone would be willing to provide me the FW if I'm not buying anything from him.

Quick update - have tried all the ROMs provided by Dajo and none of them progressed beyond "upgrading". Tried 3 different cards with FAT/FAT32 formats. Could the EEPROM on my tablet be faulty after so many tries? I don't have tools and expertise to go the EEPROM swap route.

RoyalWulf

May 8, 2011
Your details:
- 7" resistive 2-pt touch, 800x480, no-name on back
- Green LED on boot, red on charge, no vibration on boot
- Android 2.2
-wm8650 800 mhz + 300 mhz DSP
- front .3 mp camera
-30-pin connector for rj45 and USB box
- Box says MID and no company name
- Does not have any reset pin/hole on the tablet

I have the same one - probably as you are never 100% sure. BTW mine does have a pin hole but it doesn't do anything :)
Mine has green led, black jack, does not vibrate on startup.
When I installed the wrong ROM I got the same problem as you.
I am using one of the HCH ROMS.

I am using this one:
HcH'z TechKnow [www.HcH.net.tc] - Login
but I had to change one of the files documented in the forum
THey now have a hybrid ROM:
I haven't tried this one yet. Probably option 1 is ours. If it doesn't work email me and I will send you the file and changes to make.

you say:
I followed instructions to replace vt1603 with uorx stuff but did not help. Infact on doing that, the tablet got stuck at "loading..." prompt.

To make these changes you need a good text editor - not notepad
You will get there. Good luck

crazycalvin

May 13, 2011
I am using this one:
but I had to change one of the files documented in the forum
THey now have a hybrid ROM:
I haven't tried this one yet. Probably option 1 is ours. If it doesn't work email me and I will send you the file and changes to make.

you say:
I followed instructions to replace vt1603 with uorx stuff but did not help. Infact on doing that, the tablet got stuck at "loading..." prompt.

To make these changes you need a good text editor - not notepad
You will get there. Good luck

Thanks a lot! I will try this one and let you know. Good to knw that you're willing to help :)

crazycalvin

May 13, 2011
Yup will do...Meanwhile d/l the HcH fw. Let me see how it goes.

EDIT: Some progress. Both the stock M009S and HcH ROMs seem to flash and the tablet progresses till Android robo animation's last stage (with saucer below the feet). The different thing I did - left the tablet overnight with card inside to flash, removed adapter. The tablet must've shut down after battery died.

Last edited:

crazycalvin

May 13, 2011
Ok..I'm finally stuck at "Uberoid" loading screen. No progress thereafter.

@RoyalWulf - Could you pls help me with your tweaks which made this ROM work for you? Thanks in adv.

gadgetdoor

Aug 3, 2010
I has a tablet like you.And I saw new firmware topic in HCH forum then I trid to update Hybrid.. fw..But I stuck on Uberoid loading screen.So I already updated all fw in that forum.However it's still didn't work.Anyone know this device WM8650 green LED no vibration...Please help us,Thanks

@RoyalWulf - Could you pls help me with your tweaks which made this ROM work for you? Thanks in adv.

jamiesk

May 23, 2011
then I trid to update Hybrid.. fw..But I stuck on Uberoid loading screen.Anyone know this device WM8650 green LED no vibration...Please help us,Thanks

I had this issue with mine when I had the wrong firmware. I plugged away and eventually got some to work with my 7inch, Blue LED, green headset, no vibrate clone.

RoyalWulf

May 8, 2011

Sorry crazycalvin, i haven't been reading this forum.
Use the hybrid ROM and select 8 from the changer.bat. i did that last time and i didn't have to male any changes. Let me know how u get on.

Sent from my generic using Android Tablet Forum

ctsilva73

Jul 2, 2011
i am having the same problem with the same device only i cant even get it to do anything how are you still installing roms or getting to rom update
please help

Last edited:

jamiesk

May 23, 2011
i am having the same problem with the same device only i cant even get it to do anything how are you still installing roms or getting to rom update
please help
Download onto a PC, format the SD card, expand the archive to the SD card, put it onto your tablet and boot. If you got the right one, the winds in the right direction and you slaughtered a <insert here> last night to your favourite god/invisible friend. Then you have a much better tablet.