WM8650 Review

EthanH

Aug 7, 2011
I just bought one of these from ebay. The lady I bought it from said she used it a couple times, but then bought an HTC android phone, so no longer has much use for it. She said it had absolutely no signs of wear or use. It should arrive in a few days, but I get the feeling she lied about some of the features, and now I feel remorseful for buying it :'( She told me it has android market, and 8 GB memory, and that it has 4-6 hours battery life. Is she telling the truth? Also, can someone please explain the samsung part of this device? Thanks so much guys.

Mishu69

May 6, 2011
Hi guys, i want to buy a cheap tablet to read documents, acess internet, play some movies, videos in youtube, some cool applications etc..

I've searched and i have this 2 tablets in my mind:

New 7" Android 2.2 ePad WiFi 256MB Flash Camera Tablet | eBay

or

ePad 7" 8650 Android 2.2 3G Tablet PC 800MHZ Flash 10.1 | eBay

What do you think? What do you recomend, max 100$ ship included

I think it is the best 8650 device with resistive touchscreen : Zixoon z78 Wi-Fi Android 2.2 Tablet PC WM8650 Chipset | eBay
T
his one working fine ...

Tabletele chinezesti branduite se vand foarte bine in Europa | PC tablet.ro - Use goolge translate...

deepfrequency

Sep 14, 2010
I got one of those (WM8650) a month ago or so, no problem to report at all, works like a charm for the price.

Caffeine Mark results are around 830

No problem with the market at all, if you run the market patch for the EKEN Tablet then the official Android Market is yours:

EKEN Support Tablet PC,Car Video Recorder,

I would not install any custom ROMs as of yet because I don't believe one exist which is better than the current 2.2 with Flash (or I haven't found one anyway).

Angry Birds works fine without the background and everything else I have tried works fine too (Jewels etc...), it also plays most video formats I have tried pretty well so far.

Wifi works well too. No major issue to report, certainly beats my old flytouch.

deepfrequency

Sep 14, 2010
I understand how a custom rom may improve the tablet's general performance (I flashed my old flytouch tablet) but at the moment, I can't find any custom firmware that is 2.2 or higher and would be a real improvement. The tablet seems to behave reasonably well as it is for it's £60 price tag.

I installed the Android market and Gmail on my WM 8560.

The other problem with custom Rom is that before installing one, I'd prefer to have a back-up of the current firmware as you're never how the tablet is going to behave especially given the amount of tablets there is out there.

krishneelg3

Aug 29, 2011
hello i know its an awful device but i have same thing got fed up cleaned device rooted it install uberoid its way faster no lags and plus google android market works on it no chinese!

onak2010

Sep 4, 2011

I just bought a chinese tablet with the following specs:

7" VIA WM8650
Android Version 2.2
Kernel 2.6.32.9-default
Build Number generic-eng 2.2 froyo v1.1.1-20110308.162514
Resistive screen

The only problem so far is I was not be able to download from the real Android Market. I already tried the link you suggested but it turnsout to be a paid application download(NOT FREE).

My question is where I can I find a FREE update for me to acces the real Android MArket.

Thanks

Kloud

Sep 5, 2011
I have this exact same tablet and believe me I had the same complaints as you... the best solution is actually a custom rom... this custom rom has since been re-written and updated however the version that I have been using has not given me any trouble what so ever.... here is a mediafire link the file

ROM:
Vestinious M009s 1.3.6.1 Wifi hotfix (Bly-706f - v1).rar

Also the latest version of Android Optimizer would be handy hope this helped

tonyindia

Nov 25, 2011
Hello Alex,

This is tony from india, need some urgent help from you.
Recently i bought one android based device WM8650. But i could not make a call. MEssage is call ended". Can you guide/help me.

Tony
India.

Jan 20, 2012
I have a few qustions. (I am familiar with Android..)

Can it be upgraded from 256 to 512?

Does it have HDMI out?

Thank you kindly,
Rosy

SkippW28

Feb 11, 2012
hello i know its an awful device but i have same thing got fed up cleaned device rooted it install uberoid its way faster no lags and plus google android market works on it no chinese!
Did Uberoid help just the speed? Did the wifi work? or any better?

I just bought one and am really thinking I need to send it back. I like its size, I work on alot of O/S so thats ok to me. the WIFI is the biggest issue. It simply will not make a connection...

Thanks

Skipp