Woe! My Xoom seems to become unstable? Any help!

JackdaShack

Jan 14, 2012
Hello! I bought this Motorola Xoom about 8 months or so ago. As soon as I turned it on it updated to ICS. It's been a great little tablet. I think highly of it and have promoted it grealy, although it seems 9 out of 10 seem to think they have to buy the iPad? Go figure? :confused: Well the last few times I have used it, it has seemed to become somewhat unstable. I noticed it most on the bookmarks page. That's the page you get to when you touch the bookmark icon in the upper right of the browser. This page would flicker and jump and like a bowl full of jello!

So I deleted all my folders but the last I could not get deleted? Anyway I am getting this "Unfortunately the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped running" a lot more than I think I should. What's that all about? Someone said something about cache or something like that. So I have this program Clean Master and while it works it doesn't seem to stop that message. So I mentioned I deleted all the bookmarks, by the way should I tell you that they are there via Google Sync on my pc? Anyway I've stopped that program from running on the pc just now so I don't know if that will help but was wondering if it has anything to do with it.

Then today, I'm logged onto Facebook. I click Upload a photo. I get to the gallery, I click (touch) the photo and when it goes back to the browser it goes to the homepage instead, not back to Facebook.

My question is this. Is it time to do a full factory reset or is that too drastic? I know I'd have to replace all my apps but it's just not acting like it has in the past. I have not been a hard user. In fact if it was a car I'd call it a creampuff. So it's not hard use. I keep it protected.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! jack