Wont save settings or apps after reboot

Jan 6, 2012
Hi, I bought three of these for my kids for Christmas, two work fine. (infoTMIC android 2.3 ddrII 512M)One worked for a bit and then it stopped saving things. Like I would update a couple of apps but when it was turned off and back on the same apps needed updating again. Also the settings I change do not stay changed, such as turn off GPS and wireless on ( I have to turn the wireless on again each time it loads). Also if we change the screen saver it reverts back to the original image. There are about three or four apps that stay there after the reboot, but new ones just disappear. It is as if it is stuck in time! I tried to google for help which led me here. I also tried the factory recovery which did not work. (I held down the menu button then pressed the power button to turn it on - I held down the menu button till the word recovery appeared then let it go then it loaded up as normal but still it does not save things after a reboot). Please help or offer any suggestions, as this is for my child, and he is disappointed. Thanks in advance.

bogde

Jan 11, 2012
hi, i have a "superpad v10" with pretty much the same problem. at some point it started to behave very strange: i was able to install new apps but after a restart they were gone and i was unable to remove/delete old files (they looked deleted but were back after restart).

so what i did was to take the tablet apart and remove the internal sdcard. i took it out and tried it in my laptop. no surprise there - i've been unable to remove any files or put new files on it either, windows said it's read only. so most likely it was damaged somehow, i couldnt even format it. so i cloned the sd card to a new one and again no surprise i've been able to delete files from the new card and put new files on it. i havent tried the new card in the tablet yet due to lack of time, but i'm positive it will work.

i'm not saying you have the same issue, i'm not even sure your unit has an internal sd card too, but it may be the same or a similar problem.

hrcroom

Jan 12, 2012
Hello, I bought a Superpad 10 for Christmas and don't know how to get it where I can download apps from Android Marketplace. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks

bogde

Jan 11, 2012
Hello, I bought a Superpad 10 for Christmas and don't know how to get it where I can download apps from Android Marketplace. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks

i think you have to go to Apps (there should be an icon to the top right corner), then touch Market, then enter your Gmail account details and then you should see some apps and you can also touch the magnifying glass to bring up the search dialog.

Jan 6, 2012
Hello, I am still having this issue. If I go into the settings>apps>manage applications and then go to the "infotm home" app, and then stop it and delete the cache it goes wierd. It gives me a new lot of apps that were installed before, and the weather widget appears. (try it and see what happpens). It is like having two operating systems depending on whether that "infotm home" app is stopped or not. Does anyone have any kind of explanation about this? I am confused. I would just reinstall the operating system if I knew how, and if I thought that would fix it. I thought it might be some kind of permissions issue on the sd card? Or is it some proprietry software installed that cant be stopped?. Is there any way of finding out what apps start up when it turns on? (like run>msconfig) Can anyone help please? I would prefer to fix it rather than atttempt to send it back to the seller.