Word Processor On Android?

wdc

Sep 28, 2014
With Android (such as I have on my Hannspree 13.3 “ tablet) ... is there a function\app similar to WORD (or any other text processor) on a PC? Something that lets me write and store a memo? If it’s there I haven’t recognized it.

Thanks. wdc

Markaruckus

Nov 4, 2014
WPS Office is excellent. Word processor has most features Microsoft Word has. Also supports XLS, PPT and PDF.

You could also install Office Mobile - Microsoft published it on the play store for phones only, forcing tablet users to subscribe to Office 365. But you can get around that with Market Helper (tricks play store into thinking your tablet is a phone).

wdc

Sep 28, 2014
Thanks for the information. Great to have people like you all to call on. ....wdc

PitCarver

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 9, 2014
I like the WPS app, but like the older "Kingsoft" version (5.8...) better, for some reason. Haven't checked the update specs to see what enhancements have been made in the new version.

Ken.Mitnick

Nov 19, 2014
With Android (such as I have on my Hannspree 13.3 “ tablet) ... is there a function\app similar to WORD (or any other text processor) on a PC? Something that lets me write and store a memo? If it’s there I haven’t recognized it.

Thanks. wdc
Microsoft has jus

Thanks. wdc
Microsoft has just (in the past week) made available for Android the cloud version of Microsoft Office (FOR FREE!) It's called Office Mobile and is available for free download from Google Playstore and other app providers. For just a quick note or memo, there are countless apps to help you there. My favorite is called Color Note and the notes look like the Post-It notes you have everywhere. Lots and lots of others, too.

Jon82

Jan 18, 2017
Microsoft has jus

.... For just a quick note or memo, there are countless apps to help you there. My favorite is called Color Note and the notes look like the Post-It notes you have everywhere. Lots and lots of others, too.

I use ColorNote and like it a lot. I was looking for something quick and simple like the MS Notepad I use on my PC and this is pretty much it without all the edit and menu stuff. Just like a real scratchpad.