Words with friends Issue

csands76

Dec 20, 2011
I am at the end of my rope here...

I am trying to figure out if there is a way to change the scaling of the gameboard in Words With Friends. The tile rack covers up the bottom part of the board and it is very annoying. The same game on my wife's 7 inch (16;9 aspect ratio) tablet looks great.

There is also a honeycomb version of the game out there that won't work on our tablets because that version will only play on honeycomb.

Any advice, help ... anything. I have searched high and low on the web and gotten nowhere so far. If you don't have an answer...can you at least point me in the direction of a forum that might be able to help me (on Android Tablets.net or another site)?

Last edited:

csands76

Dec 20, 2011
OK...so there are 134 views on this thread. Can anybody confirm at least having the same issue?

fortworthcate

Dec 30, 2011
Yes, I also have this issue and am frustrated. I have installed and uninstalled the program with hopes that would solve the issue. If someone has a solution I would aporeciate it. Thank you.

Johna2u

May 21, 2011
well i can confirm i am having the same issue. can't help with a solution though. another reason to root i guess.

csands76

Dec 20, 2011
@ http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/members/gfinockio.htmlgfinockio: I tried LCD Density and it only fixes the problem if you go down to around 140. The only problem with that is that it causes the notification bar to screw up and affects the screen size in adverse ways in other apps.

@johna2u: Rooting doesn't help unless they ever com up with a custom ROM for this device...which probably won't happen.

bklyngirl

May 16, 2012
I am having problems playing Words With Friends on my Le Pan II Tablet as well and cannot figure out how to get it to display correctly. The tiles that I use to make the letters are sooooo big that I cannot see the bottom row of letters.

The entire interface is completely screwed up! The user names and scores are at the top; if I try to chat, the conversation is off the screen to the far right and not visible; the word and point value of the word played does not display...it's just a mess!

I can't get in touch with Zynga (WWF developer) or Le Pan's manufacturer.

Has anyone figured out a fix for this problem yet?

bklyngirl

May 16, 2012

ojeano

Jun 8, 2012
I have a Le Pan II and Words With Friends doesn't work right. The game loads and the tiles move but it doesn't connect with Facebook or anyone in my contacts. Zynga said it's not compatible with honeycomb,but they are working on this problem.

naneb

Feb 26, 2012
I have no prob.em with Words with Friends. I have several games going and they all work fine.