X5A Buttons Not Working

33pgr

May 7, 2011
Hi

I have been using my nearly-new X5A without any problems until yesterday. I could watch videos, browse the net, listen to music, edit Word docs, etc. Now the three buttons to the right of the screen don't respond - Menu, Home, & Return. The touchscreen is fine, so I can do anything as long as I don't want navigation - which means my tablet is just about useless at the moment!

Yesterday I stuck on a screen protector which was slightly too large, so I very carefully trimmed it with a craft knife between the black edge of the screen and the chrome case. I didn't push the knife into the tablet. I have now removed the screen protector, but the problem is the same. (I can't remember if the buttons stopped working immediately after I put the screen protector on, or later).

The factory reset option under 'Accessories' doesn't make a difference, and nor does pressing the little reset next to the SD slot. I can't reset using the Power+Home method because the Home button doesn't work.

Please help!!

It's an X6D with 4gb & G-sensor. Firmware is 2.1-update1, and root@localhost #153.

Thanks in advance.