Xoom Summing Up Some News-bits before the Big Launch Thursday

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
y7Fnz.png

We all know that Thursday is the date to mark down on your calendars for the launch of the Motorola Xoom, at least for the 3G equipped model. Even if you wont necessarily be buying, many of you will be checking for the first unboxings and reviews of the Honeycomb OS as well as the device itself.

BestBuy has revealed the off contract pricing to be $800 for the 3G equipped model. Accessories to be offered at launch include a portfolio case ($40), a basic docking station ($50), a speaker dock ($130), and a matching bluetooth keyboard ($70).

Verizon (full press release on Slashgear) that the Honeycomb tablet will be $600 with a 2-year agreement, which starts at a modest $20 a month for 1GB of data (or $840 over 2-years including the price of the tablet itself). Other data plans available include $35 a month for 3GB, $50 a month for 5GB, and $80 a month for 10GB. A free 4G LTE upgrade will also be available to the Xoom as soon as it becomes available. This tablet is obviously priced to favor Verizon's data plans.

Adobe Flash will not be included with the device on launch day, but will become available via an over-the-air update in the coming weeks. We all know Adobe Flash will work on this device, so this is a small setback, but one that might make some of you hold off until it is available. It makes sense to be patient for Adobe to optimize the experience for the Xoom.

Source
via Engadget (1), (2), (3)

feverhost

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nov 26, 2010
I like the "and fully Flash enabled*" hehe...

I'll definitely be checking out the unboxing, and reviews. I was thinking that I might plop one of these on a credit card, review it, then return... but I think there will be a lot of people doing this. I'll just sit back and watch :)

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
I like the "and fully Flash enabled*" hehe...

I'll definitely be checking out the unboxing, and reviews. I was thinking that I might plop one of these on a credit card, review it, then return... but I think there will be a lot of people doing this. I'll just sit back and watch :)

Stuff like this is what makes things more expensive than they are supposed to be in America...

feverhost

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nov 26, 2010
Stuff like this is what makes things more expensive than they are supposed to be in America...

Ut oh... don't tell people on here that.. quite a lot of them do it LOL

I nearly did that with my Augen Gentouch78, but I decided to keep it and gave it to my daughter.