Xoom Wifi issues

Joker

Mar 29, 2011
I picked up a xoom wifi tablet the day it was released and have been loving it so far but I have been noticing a few glitch items that I hope someone can help me with.

First, I use facebook for but business and family to keep up to date and to sync things such as contacts but thus far I have not been able to get facebook to sync with the xoom and for that matter, I have been having I issues with the facebook app forcingclose and the widget will'not work at all.

Second, I have not been able to'find any antivirus apps out there. I know I might be a little paranoid but those apple people are getting desperate. :)

Thind, although my wife's I pad will connect to my Captivate, my xoomwill'not evenrecognise it. Not that this is a bad thing but it would be nice to have working.

Just a few things I have noticed thus far that I would like to clear up if possible.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated and thoughts welcomed. Thanks for you time'and effort in advance!

The Joker

Sent from my Xoom using Android Tablet Forum

Last edited:

matrix86

Apr 2, 2011
I just unboxed my Xoom wifi and currently having the same problems. Also, pandora doesn't seem to be working either, although I found a work around for this IMO it should have worked right out of the market place.

Not a good start...

jlrsn

Apr 17, 2011
I had problems connecting the WiFi of my Motorola Xoom to my home WiFi Network that I had originally set up years ago with Windows XP Pro. My Desktop and Laptops connected to my WiFi without problem even after I upgraded all my computers but not my routers Firmware to Windows 7 Pro.

I finally upgraded the Firmware (with free downloaded software) of my WiFi Router to Windows 7 and since then my Xoom, Smartphones, and the rest of my computers now connect without a problem with WPA/WPA2 PSK Security.

Jim

YHG

Dec 1, 2011
I had problems connecting the WiFi of my Motorola Xoom to my home WiFi Network that I had originally set up years ago with Windows XP Pro. My Desktop and Laptops connected to my WiFi without problem even after I upgraded all my computers but not my routers Firmware to Windows 7 Pro.

I finally upgraded the Firmware (with free downloaded software) of my WiFi Router to Windows 7 and since then my Xoom, Smartphones, and the rest of my computers now connect without a problem with WPA/WPA2 PSK Security.

Jim

I am having the same issue but I am having a little bit of trouble finding the software you are talking about. I have a Xoom and I have the same Windows 7 as you explained. Could you give me a point in the right direction?

maxlee1

Jan 4, 2012
I have found the problem related to DHCP

Example, when the router has an delayed DHCP connection, the XOOM does not find the IP to use.

this is why, in the discussion list, some people could solve the problem, placing a Fixed IP.

Although, this is still a big problem, because public routers has the same problem, and it is not possible to know which IP to fix by hand

The problem keeps unsolved.

thardak

Feb 17, 2012
After updating my Motorola Xoom's firmware a couple of months ago it has become very unreliable in regards to it's connection to my home wifi. It connects fine but this lasts a minute and then disconnects again. The wifi indicator in the bottom left corner turns white and I am cut off whatever I'm doing. I have set my router to just G as suggested above, but it hasn't improved it. Any ideas would be much appreciated.

inertsoul

Feb 22, 2012
Has anyone had any problems connected to their mifi.. My Xoom was picking it up fine and then now it will only hold signal for a few minuets and stop and it will turn grey. I was wondering if there is a fix to this??