Zeki 7" TBDG734B Download Apps on External SD Question.

MrsMifsud

Dec 26, 2014
I just got a Zeki 7" TBDG734B for Christmas an I am so clueless!! I am also very confused about storage/memory. I've called customer service and they cannot answer a single question I have so here goes....

1) It's supposed to have 8GB memory. When I look under storage it says Internal Memory 0.98GB and NAND Memory 5.47GB. That's only 6.45GB of memory. I am missing 1.55. Where is it? It was the same for my sister-in-law, we got the same thing for Christmas.

2) I learned that the 0.98GB of memory is supposed to be for Apps and the 5.47 is for everything else. I put in a 8GB micro sd card and can't figure out how to download apps directly on it. I downloaded the apps then moved them to my sd card and they disappeared from my home screen and I can't figure out how to access them.

3) I have read up a little on Directory Bind App. What is it EXACTLY and how does it work? What is the best app for this? I also read that it is not idiot-proof and unfortunately I am not electronically savvy anymore so any details on how to do it (step by step preferably) would be awesome.

Thank you!!!

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum
You didn't mention the version of Android you have on your tablet but newer versions will not natively allow you to move apps to an SD card. It sounds as if your storage is partitioned in which case you, (in theory) could move apps from the smaller partition to the larger one. As for the space used, Android doesn't usually account for system files when telling you how much space is available/used. Your figures don't seem out of line.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
If they can be moved it should display a move button in the app manager under all when you find that app. As far as being able to tell you where it will actually go, I'm clueless. Sorry, but it won't go to external storage unless you root your tablet.

MrsMifsud

Dec 26, 2014
I downloaded a directionary bind app to move the apps to the sdcard and that's not working either. How do I root my tablet?