Zenithink android 2.1 tablet

King_Kong

Nov 23, 2010
I am thinking about getting an android tablet, after owning an android phone. Personally I think apple is nothing but money hungry savages, and this is the one I am looking at; the Zenithink Android 2.1 tablet (ePad) does anyone have this?Should I get it?

Sent from my MB300 using Tapatalk

Gatorp003

Nov 23, 2010
I bought it about a week ago it sucks out of the box make sure you have a 32bit system to run the boot program to flash the new rom i had tons of trouble with 7 64bit i had to partition my hd to get the progam to work. 7 see's the epad as the HTC Dream and i could not abd new apps from there unless you use port (5555) But a standerd usb will work ans rooting is a breeze. The fist app you need is universal androot_1.6.1.apk and then Root.Explorer.v2.8.1.apk. use I/O manager to install from usb. It also had a hard time with wifi and heat and battery if you go into root explorer under etc. then under wireless. Tap RT2870STA then at the top tap mount r/w so it reads mount r/o then long press the RT2870STA file and scroll down to open in text editor. Go to line 11 and it should read TxPower=100 change this to 20 and press the back key it will ask you to saae press ok. You have now lowerd the amount of heat from the processer fixed the wifi issue and prolonged your battery life. Over all i will take some tweaks but this is a good unit and of you are a fan of andriod then tweaks is what we like the best.

kaven

Oct 8, 2010
Why not to get a 8 inch one with android 2.2 OS? it's faster and have more features than the 2.1 OS.:cool:

kowens

Jan 11, 2011
Please help!

I bought the Zenithink android tablet 2.1 EPAD, and Im having a lot of frustrating problems. I cant get it to connect to my Verizon WiFi usb, it does nothing when I plug it in. When I plug it in my lap top it works automatically. I only had to install it when I first put it in, but nothing pops up on this?

And what is flashing the rom consist of, and what does it mean anyways?

Im sorry, Im really not a dummy I just don’t understand this tablet and its very frustrating.

pedro_

Jan 8, 2011
Please help!

And what is flashing the rom consist of, and what does it mean anyways?

Im sorry, Im really not a dummy I just don’t understand this tablet and its very frustrating.

ROM is read only memory - a Game Boy Cartridge was ROM

flash is short for flash memory which is a sort of re-writable type of memory which is often used for storing your system's operating system, so flash has largely replaced ROM as the means to provide storage space for your operating system. It was called flash memory because the contents of the memory could be erased by flashing a very powerfull light at it

So "flashing rom" is a nonsensical but a common expression when people really mean that they are replacing the read only operating system image held in flash memory.

It's absolutely nothing to do with Adobe Flash and playing movies.

However the main reason that folks want to upgrade their operating system is so that they can play adobe flash movies - which is supported in Androis 2.2

I hope that clears up your confusion

hoben02

Nov 10, 2010
goto the "zenithink usa" support website and it has a video on how to upgrade the rom