ZeniThink ZT-180 OS upgrade from 2.1 to 2.2

palmtopman

Jun 13, 2011
Hi, I'm new to using an Android Tablets and expecting delivery of my ZeniThink ZT-180 on Wednesday. It's got an OS of 2.1, is it upgradable to 2.2? If so, I'd appreciate a link to the site where I can download the upgrade. Thanks in advance.

cultofone

May 28, 2011
Upgrade Instructions
===========================================
NOTE: Make sure that the ePad is charged.

1) Download the firmware from:
http://www.mfpnetworktools.com/downloads/zt-update_512MB_2GB_android_2.2_20110312.zip
2) Unzip the folder "zt-update" and copy the whole folder to a micro SD card
3) Power off ePad abd Insert micro SD card into it.
4) Press BACK key (ROUND BUTTON ON right side of the screen) at the same time when you turning on the tablet
5) Press the BACK again when the screen says to press ENTER.
6) Burning will begin the restart by itself.
7) After it reboots a dialog will popup with three options select the top one(com.android.provision.DefaultActivity) then wait.
8) Select Next you might have to do a screen calibeate after this, use a point to touch the green crosshairs on the screen.
9) When you see the screen with "Finish Setup" button press it,then you will be back at the popup select the top option(com.android.sdksetup.DefaultActivity).
10) Firmware update is now complete, turn on WiFi in settings and select your network in WiFi settings, enter password the switch ePad off then on again.

Hi, I'm new to using an Android Tablets and expecting delivery of my ZeniThink ZT-180 on Wednesday. It's got an OS of 2.1, is it upgradable to 2.2? If so, I'd appreciate a link to the site where I can download the upgrade. Thanks in advance.

sibylbanks

Jul 9, 2011
I don't know what type of android tablet I have. I can find no name brand, or serial number but it is similar to the ones pictured in this thread. It is 10.2 in bought 7 months ago. When it is turned on large blue "e"pad is displayed, a penguin then displays in upper left corner and then the word ANDROID_ with the underscore blinking. That is as far as it goes. I can access nothing else. It did work, although slowly the first couple of months, but has not been used in maybe 2 months, and now this. I thought maybe an upgrade or a reset would help. I tried the reset (sticking a fine object in the "reset" whole, but this just causes the tablet to reboot, again to the same "android" screen. I tried the method of updating listed in the thread, but nothing happened still. Anybody have any help for me?

Herkfrog

May 16, 2011
First you need to find out what you have this link Wiki:ZT-180 FAQ - Wiki will take you to a wiki with a lot of info on the zt-180 Version 1 and Version 2 so maybe you can see if yours matches....if it does it sounds like you might have an older version of android and may need to use a thing called burn tool to get it to the point where you can upgrade the rom (firmware) by using the sdcard check it out and see what you find there are a lot of great people over there and a lot of info on 180's maybe they can help or i will try to help you here if you want but as you can see from the lack of post in the 180 section here not much is going on anyway have a look and let me know what you think

sibylbanks

Jul 9, 2011
Thank you for your response. Looks like I have the original ZT-180 with 256 MB RAM and 2 GB internal nand. I got a response from the supplier. He sent a site file to me. I did download this file, put it on a micro sd and insert it into the tablet. I did notice something labeled "burn tool" in the file. There was a word file that was with the download, but it is in Chinese. I used the language translator in my control panel to see if there were directions. It did put the document in English, but the words were all a jumble of words that do not make sense in a sentence, so I am still lost. I then booted, tried booting again holding the circle as well, using the reset hole, but again it stops at the screen with the word "ANDROID".

This is the info he sent me. Here is the info he sent me. Hopefully you can decipher and understand his directions.

this link u can dwon the software and copy to a tf card try to formate your tabelt pc ,we are waiting for your asnwer ,thanks
this link to down
http://www.zenithink.com/UploadFile/10inch_256MB_2011_0117.rar.

Last edited:

Herkfrog

May 16, 2011
Ok did you read through the wiki in the link i posted above? and am posting here again

Wiki:ZT-180 FAQ - Wiki

in it you will find this link

Wiki:ZT-180 FAQ - Wiki

here you will learn how to use the burn tool as i did not have to use it on my 180 i do not know how to help you with it you will just need to do some reading and there is a you tube video you can watch that might help as i said above you can not flash with the sdcard untill you have taken the step of using burn tool on your 180 and i think you will find more help it this forum

ZT-180 - SlateDroid.com

than you will here although this seems to be a great board there seem to be very few 180 users here and a lot there hope this helps