Zmart Remote Control Software and Dongle Converts Smartphones

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Jan 5, 2011
zmart-remote.jpg

A company called Viatek, just launched a new app and physical dongle device that can convert your iOS or Android smartphone into a universal remote control for nearly all of your home electronics, like Blu-Ray players, DVD Players, TVS and much more. The app is available for free , but the dongle will retail for $19.99, and attaches to the headphone jack of your smartphone. This seems like a small price to pay compared to the wide variety of very expensive physical universal remotes available in the retail chain. Here's the full press release with some additional info,

Viatek Launches New Zmart Remote for both Android and Apple Devices at CES Show in Las Vegas

Chattanooga, Tennessee, January 2013- Ever dream of controlling everything in your home with one single remote? With the new Zmart Remote, you never have to see a remote control again. Zmart Remote is the first and only remote APP that works on both Apple iOS and Android phones. This powerful universal remote controls everything in the home including, CD Players, Blu-rays, stereo equipment, projectors, even the coffee maker, from the convenience of your Apple or Android phone.

Featuring “Zmarter” than ever technology you can feel confident knowing that your home devices will comply with the Zmart Remote and is covered by a lifetime warranty. Zmart impressively controls a combination of 200,000 devices and covers 95% of brands in the market with a built-in learn command, making it the the most powerful universal remote in the world.

Home automation has never been so easy or convenient. Simply install the free app from the App Store or Google Play. Once installation is complete, plug the small one inch device into the audio jack of your iPhone, iPhone 5, iPad, iPod, or any android devices including phones and tablets. Watch as the Zmart Remote allows you to control every TV, DVD, Blu-ray, home theater, cable box, and appliance in your home effortlessly.

Not only is this wonderful device compliant with your major home appliances, Zmart works in conjunction with the Zmart Switch, an instant 2-way wireless switch that allows you to control overhead lights, ceiling fans, outdoor lights, ceiling fans, and much more.

Suggested retail of Zmart Remote is $19.99 and is now available for purchase at ZMART by Viatek | Home. So Zmart!

MA83

Feb 25, 2012
I've had my eye on these guys for a while now. Glad to see it's finally available!

captainkirkw

Nov 15, 2012
If it can control my AT&T U-Verse boxes and my 9 year old Mitsubishi DLP that is still going strong, then I am in.