ZT280 C91 upgrade

nadissen

Nov 16, 2014
Update:

Wifi button is actually not available, its shown but when i click on it nothing happens anymore.
i wonder if the upgrade i did was with a wrong version.

Anyone can suggest how can i check which upgrade version suits me best ?

Thanks

omarahum

Developer
Mar 4, 2013
Do you have a barcode sticker on the tablet? What does it say?
The 0314 ZT-280 ROM is for the 512MB RAM C91 tablet - H1_2n, H1_3n or H1_3a.....
The ZT-282 1GB RAM C91 Upgrade tablet could be a H3_1a (0818 ROM) or H3_1n (0406 ROM) tablet.....

nadissen

Nov 16, 2014
Hello,

Makes quite some time i bought that tablet and don't have the box containing the barcode (nice idea though).
There's too much uncertainity in the upgrade version to chose, i prefer avoid testing too much, in case i end up bricking the tablet

Thanks for the help though, feels good to have some feedback. Any help into a more precise answer or guide ?

omarahum

Developer
Mar 4, 2013
Hello,

Makes quite some time i bought that tablet and don't have the box containing the barcode (nice idea though).
There's too much uncertainity in the upgrade version to chose, i prefer avoid testing too much, in case i end up bricking the tablet

Thanks for the help though, feels good to have some feedback. Any help into a more precise answer or guide ?
The barcode sticker should be on the tablet itself, not the box.... Something like ZT280H13NC91M512F8 or M3C91-8gb-1a-H3-sa083
post-165252-0-20033100-1355580912.jpg

Hmmm, without testing, not sure how to figure out which tablet you have....

When you flashed the 0314 ROM, which files did you add to the zt-update folder before putting it on your sdcard to flash the tablet?

If your tablet has 512MB (or less) RAM it's a ZT-280, if it has 1GB RAM it's a ZT-282....
If it has an Amlogic M1 CPU it's a ZT-280, Amlogic M3 CPU is a ZT-282....

I think the differences in the ZT-280 models are the touchscreen or the camera, and with the ZT-282s it is just the touchscreen.....

Since you flashed a ZT-280 ROM and your wifi isn't working, probably best to try a ZT-282 ROM....

Stock Zenithink ZT-282 C91 H3_1a 0818 ROM - https://mega.co.nz/#!qQAUBQ5Q!NcqW1DH-ZbRLMqO2R4LQQRyJPaY99yuyHLXjlyA-nDQ
Pas's modified version on SlateDroid (for all ZT-280 and ZT-282 C91's) - original post with download link - http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/41908-rom-zenibasic-ics-v13-12122013/?p=1234850
Zenibasic ROM download - http://www.mediafire.com/download/qz97d628jp9713l/Zenibasic v1.3.rar

nadissen

Nov 16, 2014
Hello,

Thanks for the reply, actually there's no bar code at all on the tablet (front, back, sides).

About the touch screen, when i bought it, the info given was that its a capacitive 10, and i do confirm that the touch is lovingly reactive.

About the RAM, mine's a 1Gb -> actually 823 available for use, so its a 1Gb.
Following your informations, mine's supposed to be a ZT-282.
Am downloading the ROM and would flash it on my tablet and revert back to you asap.

Again, thanks a lot for the help, greatly appreciated :D

omarahum

Developer
Mar 4, 2013
Hello,

Thanks for the reply, actually there's no bar code at all on the tablet (front, back, sides).

About the touch screen, when i bought it, the info given was that its a capacitive 10, and i do confirm that the touch is lovingly reactive.

About the RAM, mine's a 1Gb -> actually 823 available for use, so its a 1Gb.
Following your informations, mine's supposed to be a ZT-282.
Am downloading the ROM and would flash it on my tablet and revert back to you asap.

Again, thanks a lot for the help, greatly appreciated :D
Cool, good luck!
thumbsup-thumbs-up-approve-ok-smiley-emoticon-000283-large.gif

nadissen

Nov 16, 2014
Hello,

ROM tested: Stock Zenithink ZT-282 C91 H3_1a 0818 ROM - https://mega.co.nz/#!qQAUBQ5Q!NcqW1DH-ZbRLMqO2R4LQQRyJPaY99yuyHLXjlyA-nDQ

Result: Well for i don't know what reason, the tablet won't detect the memory card containing this ROM. The same card is used on my phone without issue.

Next action: Test the 2nd proposed ROM, which is Pas's modified version on SlateDroid (for all ZT-280 and ZT-282 C91's) - original post with download link -http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/41908-rom-zenibasic-ics-v13-12122013/?p=1234850

I'd revert back to you once i test this 1.

Thanks

omarahum

Developer
Mar 4, 2013
Hello,

ROM tested: Stock Zenithink ZT-282 C91 H3_1a 0818 ROM - https://mega.co.nz/#!qQAUBQ5Q!NcqW1DH-ZbRLMqO2R4LQQRyJPaY99yuyHLXjlyA-nDQ

Result: Well for i don't know what reason, the tablet won't detect the memory card containing this ROM. The same card is used on my phone without issue.

Next action: Test the 2nd proposed ROM, which is Pas's modified version on SlateDroid (for all ZT-280 and ZT-282 C91's) - original post with download link -http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/41908-rom-zenibasic-ics-v13-12122013/?p=1234850

I'd revert back to you once i test this 1.

Thanks
There could be a few reasons why your tablet isn't detecting the sdcard, such as if it has a partition on it, if it's not a FAT32 file system, you don't have a zt-update folder on your sdcard with the ROM files in it, the files got corrupted when you unzipped the ROM download (to extract the zt-update folder)...

You could either try using another sdcard or do a full (not quick) format of the sdcard to FAT32. Use 7zip to unzip the ROM download and then copy the zt-update folder to the sdcard...

nadissen

Nov 16, 2014
Hello,

The sd card is already on fat32 and i've been using the same card for the 1st ROM tested, and on that 1, the card was detected. I've been using 7zip since the begining and there was no error popped up during decompression of the file.
My guess is there's an issue with the compiled file in itself.

Been busy with work, inducing this late reply.

Current Status: Download of 2nd proposed ROM in progress. I'd try give a feedback by tomorrow, after which hopefully all would b ok.

Thanks,
i'd revert back to you once tested, hopefully by tomorrow end of day.

Merry christmas :)
Kind regards,
Nadissen

omarahum

Developer
Mar 4, 2013
Hello,

The sd card is already on fat32 and i've been using the same card for the 1st ROM tested, and on that 1, the card was detected. I've been using 7zip since the begining and there was no error popped up during decompression of the file.
My guess is there's an issue with the compiled file in itself.

Been busy with work, inducing this late reply.

Current Status: Download of 2nd proposed ROM in progress. I'd try give a feedback by tomorrow, after which hopefully all would b ok.

Thanks,
i'd revert back to you once tested, hopefully by tomorrow end of day.

Merry christmas :)
Kind regards,
Nadissen
No problem, I was using the same sdcard to flash my tablet for three years till one day it didn't detect the zt-update folder on it, reformatting (full format) made it work again...

Well anyways, good luck and Merry Christmas!

nadissen

Nov 16, 2014
Ooh good point, i'd try reformat the sd card and retest the ROM as last option.
Am testing the 282 C91's proposed ROM but i notice there are 2 versions available, 1a and 1n, any tip on which 1 suits me ?

Thanks

omarahum

Developer
Mar 4, 2013
Ooh good point, i'd try reformat the sd card and retest the ROM as last option.
Am testing the 282 C91's proposed ROM but i notice there are 2 versions available, 1a and 1n, any tip on which 1 suits me ?

Thanks
The difference is the touchscreen.... Most common was the H3_1a.... If you flash it with the H3_1a and your touchscreen no longer works, reflash with the H3_1n kernel/recovery....