zt280 touch screen

terrydactyl

Jun 25, 2012
Hi all,
I have a Zenithink ZT280 m3c91 tablet .
The touch screen is not responding and I have contacted Zenithink and they have informed me that I should download the firmware and this will resolve the problem.
I have done this but at the end of the download you have to touch the screen to finalise which I am unable to do.
I have also been told that the problem is usually a fault with the ribbon which has become loose but I have checked this and all seems to be in order.
I would greatly appreciate any advice.
Thanks
Have been in touch with Zenithink once again but it appears they do not have a solution to this problem,looks like one for the bin!!

Views to date: 197 Replies to date: 0 Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:(

Last edited:

Graminator

Mar 9, 2012
I have the same problem. Did the update from the Zenithink website with no results. How did you get in touch with Zenithink? I emailed them with no response. Do you know of anyplace or one who will service these tablets?

Merlin11

Apr 28, 2012
Plug a mouse into usb port 1. If you get a hub you can use a usb keyboard and a mouse at the same time. If nothing else youll be able to use your tablet untell zenithink comes up with a fix. Hope this helps.

Bas

Jul 17, 2012
Hi all,
The touch screen is not responding and I have contacted Zenithink and they have informed me that I should download the firmware and this will resolve the problem.
I have done this but at the end of the download you have to touch the screen to finalise which I am unable to do.
I have also been told that the problem is usually a fault with the ribbon which has become loose but I have checked this and all seems to be in order.
Thanks
Have been in touch with Zenithink once again but it appears they do not have a solution to this problem,looks like one for the bin!!

Hey terrydactyl

Are you still having the same issue? It would seem that you need a card reader to download the update through the pc on to your sd card and use it that way.

windeguy

Mar 16, 2012
Try to download a custom rom. plug the sd card to your pc and extract the zt-update in it and flash.

i use this one on mine :ZT282V327light3ditionv1.3.2.rar

Can that custom ROM be used on a ZT 280? It looks like it is for a ZT282. I just tried to use that file by unraring it into zt-update and trying to flash it, but my tablet would not install it.

Did I miss something? I have an unusable ZT280 C91 3a version because of the touch screen jitters.

Last edited:

Graminator

Mar 9, 2012
I also have a Zenithink ZT280 C91 4.0.3 and the touchscreen stopped working after 3 months. Can't reach seller. How did you get in touch with Zenithink? This is supposed to have a one yr warranty but I can't find out where to ship it to in the US for warranty service? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi all,
Thanks

windeguy

Mar 16, 2012
I also have a Zenithink ZT280 C91 4.0.3 and the touchscreen stopped working after 3 months. Can't reach seller. How did you get in touch with Zenithink? This is supposed to have a one yr warranty but I can't find out where to ship it to in the US for warranty service? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

That is a good question. I think you have to deal with he you purchased it from unless someone knows otherwise. I purchased mine from a US Seller the famous major auction site and just sent a message today to him to see if he will respond with warranty information.

It is fairly easy to take a look inside and see if your ribbon cable is not properly seated. I do not have any apparent connection problems, but mine has bad screen jitters and not a dead screen. zenithink.us is the "official" US distributor, but I don't know if they will help you if you did not purchase from them.

jackomet

Sep 4, 2012
I have the same touchscreen problem after 3 months, bought it on Amazon UK marketplace (which is really only another form of e-bay). After contacting seller via Amazon I received the following.
hi,

thanks for your email,we don't have a three months get full refund service,please send it back and get a replacement,some of them like this not all of them,otherwise nobody dare to sell it.also we will pay you the shipping fees and please ship back the tablet pc without accessories.please keep it as brand new as you can and no scratches as original condition.this is my address:

receiver:chen weiliang
address:1501 HUANGXIYUAN,huangyuyuan,binhedadao.futian dist.
city:shenzhen
province:guangdong
phone:0086-13411850087(must write down phone number on the shipment paper that is very important)
post code:518000

please use royalmail shipping service(Priority Mail only) the cheapest one to ship it back to china,because china customs not allow to import not brand new products.that is why we have to use that Priority mail shipping service.if china customs hold the item,then maybe it will takes 1-2 months to deliver to me.usually it will arrive in 2-4 weeks(it's possible that your shipping company will tells you that i can receive it in one weeks,as my experience that is not ture.also please declared it under 50usd.and please contact me again in 3-5 weeks,i will send you a replacement as soon as possible.

also please leave a white paper with the reason why you return your items and your order number too( RMA number is your order number plus the reason why you return it.).take pictures about the package and shipping fees(very important)while you ship it back and then send it to me.any questions please feel free to email me,thanks!

best regards
daniel chen"

Sounds genuine? I don't know, looks like I won't be getting my money back anttime soon, so do I just throw good money after bad and post it? Probably get someone else's repaired one that will last another 3 months.
Views?
JK

ascari82

Jul 29, 2012
I am waiting details to get assistance by my seller.
I wish I could solve touchscreen problem in a different way...I'm afraid that if I send my C91 to china, I won't have it back, and so my money.
Disappointed!

basetes

Jun 25, 2012
I had the same problem. I sent it to the UK seller and after 45 days it will be with me this week.

ripperdowuk

Sep 18, 2012
Hi, hope this will help someone, My c91 screen started to multitouch by itself opening apps jittering and jumping all over and stalling for seconds, I tried all the fixes on all the forums regarding reflashing etc... then being told there is no fix... then by chance I noticed if the tab was used on a table totally flat without moving it the screen worked fine.. I've had it 4 months so the 100quid I paid was covered so wasn't going to send it back so decided to open the case... two small screens on the port side of the tab... then blade of a thin knife on opposite side of screen... between the black and white cover... bout a minute later cover was off... plenty of speaker cable so just placed to one side.....people mention to check the ribbon cable but there are 3

I found that the smaller ribbon which hits the center of the mobo wasn't inserted fully so just slackened the black clip inserted the ribbon then replaced the cover... this ribbon is held in place with what appears to be maskin tape....I've been using the tab for several hours now and the screen is stable and working in any position or orientation.... My opinion if its several months to get it fixed... take the plunge.... I'm going to load test the tab over the next few days and if no problems I'm goin to open up and tab the connectors with silicone to fix them permanently... I know this won't help everyone, but it worked for me