Are you Getting A Nook Color 2? [Poll]

Will you be getting a Nook Color 2?

• I am totally getting one!

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Depends on specs/price

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Depends on rootability

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • I have a Nook Color who need anything else?

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Other

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Let's get this new sub-section kicked off! What does a Nook Color 2 need for you to take the plunge?

If the NC2 has a camera and at least a Tegra 2, I will buy it. I use my NC daily, but am ready for an upgrade. If the NC2 isn't a large enough leap forward for me, I'm going to have to get a Transformer Prime or an iPad3...Hate to say it, but the new super high resolution display for the iPad3 has me very interested. Samsung is developing a screen with the same res, but it's not due out for another year. I'm getting antsy. January is my purchase month.

I can't think of anything that would make me buy it. I'm really happy with my Nook Color.

I would really like a camera and microphone, (think Skype), if it has that I will probably pick one up.

I would really like a camera and microphone, (think Skype), if it has that I will probably pick one up.

Depends on specs the new version of the samsung galaxy 7 looks mighty good - i am currently using the 10.1 version and loving it

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

Microphone, sim card, open market

Sent from my NookColor using Android Tablet Forum

Probably not. Both my wife and I have the Nook Colors (Stock Rooted for her and CM7 for me) and love them. My HP Touchpad just got delivered (I couldn't pass up the $99 deal) and will get a large dose of CM7 when I get home. I just cannot justify another $200-$250 for yet another tablet that I will just go and put CM7 on.

I voted "depends on the specs and price", my guess is it will be competitively priced and will give the Kindle Fire a good run for the money!

The question at the beginning of this thread is: - What does the nook color 2 need to have for you to take a plunge- and I just said what I want for my next tablet.

Why do you think the Nook would ever have a SIM card? SIM cards are for GSM based cellphones and the like. I seriously doubt the Nook will ever be offered with 3G.

I know the nook 2 is not going to have a sim card...... it was just another way to say that I'm not interested.

Well, call me curious. I did a pre-order on the Nook Tablet after pouring through everything I could find for it, the Fire, and the Lenovo A1. While I was really drawn to the A1 because of the cams, and the Fire because of the Amazon ecosystem, I picked the Tablet for the following reasons:
  1. With any luck the Tablet will be as easily rootable as previous Nook devices, ultimately allowing me to use the Amazon apps for my Prime account
  2. The Tablet has a microSD slot
  3. I'm hoping the fancy laminated glass panel that the Tablet uses will make it the better choice as a reader
  4. The Tablet seems to have the best battery charge spec (on paper anyway)
Seeing as how there are only a very few customer reviews of the A1, and none yet for either the Fire or Tablet, I had some difficulty making a decision. Hope it'll work out.

tonyp, I have a feeling you won't regret it. Especially when CM9 comes out and you are able to run ice cream sandwich :)

And BTW, Motorola Xoom will be shipping for $399 this holiday season so its a great offer if u can spare a lil more cash!

Back