WiFi Range???

MrStellar

Dec 25, 2010
Just got my GenTouch today for christmas, did the version 3 update on it. My wifi seems to only work when i am in the room with the router. Has this happened to anyone else and if so what did you do to fix it? any suggestions?

Hey MrStellar, I'm having the exact same issue! Did anyone offer you a useful suggestion? This is very frustrating...

I don't have my Augen Gentouch anymore, but when I did I'd read on various blog sites (example: Augen Gentouch 78 Android Tablet « 11h Blog) about wifi antennas that had bad soldering or loose screws. I didn't want to open mine up though, I returned it instead (it also had other problems though).

I know when I had mine the wifi range was abysmal - which is why I was so surprised when I got a Haipad and it immediately found my router and the broadcast ID's from four of my neighbors' houses too.

interesting, im sure i can find a how to on taking this thing apart somewhere. ill give it a go and see if something is up with the antenna.

Is the power button white, 3.5mm stereo jack, and has an accelerometer? If so, it's a "2nd gen" unit, and the version 3 patch on the Augen website is actually older than what your tablet came pre-installed with.

I don't have any idea if that has anything to do with your wifi reception problem, but it's worth pointing out.

Back