3.2 update kills browser functionality in full-screen video playback?

dan776

Apr 27, 2011
Has anyone else noticed this?

2 sites I stream TV at -

Mobile TV | Watch Live TV on Your Mobile Devices

AND

Live News Streams & Chat

I used to stream channels from these sites all day, never a problem. Ever since the update, whenever I go to full screen, I'll get one of many possible problems, either being super choppy or having sound but no picture. Then, after getting frustrated and getting out of the browser, closing all windows, then I can't even open a new browser window to go anywhere... it becomes a tapestry of colored "noise" lines, and I have to go into Watchdog to kill the process to get it to work again.

EDIT:

I wish I could change the name of this thread, because I was able to fix it... If you go to Apps and run the Flash Settings, you can Clear Local Files (of Flash, not Browser), and its back to working.

Sorry about the false alarm! If i could delete the post, I would. At least maybe someone will get some good live TV streams from this post.

Last edited:

dan776

Apr 27, 2011
Actually, that solution doesn't seem to work anymore... It worked that one time. Now I'm back to really having trouble getting my streams to full-screen.

Again, this was never a problem on 3.1.

Can you guys who have 3.2 test the first link above ( http://mobiletv.net ), choose CNN, and try going to full-screen, on both landscape and portrait separately? Then maybe quit the browser, and try again? BTW you will have to close the initial small window that asks for a plug-in, or just wait 30 seconds for the stream to start.

I wonder how this works for others who have updated. Thanks for helping me test this out...

One more thing: All streams work flawlessly on my Droid X running Gingerbread, which is a much lesser system & chipset...

Last edited:

dan776

Apr 27, 2011
Very strange...

Well, I fixed the issue (thank you ellandry!) by downloading the 10.3 version of Flash... now everything is like 800 times quicker.

Ice, I wonder what tiny configuration difference we have, because I would love to stay up to date on Flash due to security issues that might arise, but the risk/benefit to me is going to keep me at 10.3 for a while I think. You are on the stock browser, correct?

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Yup stock browser.
But instead of going to those sites posted above, I went direct to the source. Those sites are just re-directors.
I went straight to BBC.co.uk and the video is smooth. Same with CNN.

dan776

Apr 27, 2011
Ok, sure... but what about the channels that aren't available that way? if you go to the Mobile TV | Watch Live TV on Your Mobile Devices there are several channels there that I like to watch, and they most definitely don't re-direct from actual sites.

My question really is being able to stream from justintv and seeon, the providers of the above links. i know I can go to CNN or NBC and watch past episodes, etc., but sometimes I want to kick back as if i had cable.

Anyway - downgrading back to 10.3 set me straight again. I'm sure these streams aren't the only streams affected by the 11 update. That'd be statistically impossible, there's a lot of streams out there that no doubt work better before the update.

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
I haven't had a problem with FLASH 11 yet. I do notice that websites seem to load slowly. I had tnat problem 10.3 as well.

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
My wife has a problem when trying to play tutorials with .mov (starts up then immediately crashes - 1 to 2 seconds later). She has tried different players with the same result. Any ideas?