5 eBook Reader Apps for Android Devices

Teaser

Aug 7, 2012
I wll prefer Zo Reader, it supports Epub, mobi, txt. Its build in dictionary support is awesome and much better the others.
Choice of ESLs.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Teaser, welcome to the forum. Glad you decided to join us here at Android Tablets, and thank you for the suggestion.

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
Does Zo Reader have a scroll feature? The best reader I ever had was eReader Pro for Palm. It has lots of options for background and font color, plus it has an adjustable speed scroll feature. Unfortunately, it only reads .prc files. I have not been able to find an epub reader that comes close.

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
They are all good ,I use them all...as long as I can turn the pages of the book I'm reading.....

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
I often have to lick the edge of my Tablet in order to get it to grip the Page enough to turn it.... Frankly I'm really not all that sold on this ereader thing, I had very little trouble throughout the years turning a Page with my fingers.

Sent from my Tablet like device running Android

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
Books are heavy to carry around...I remember when I was reading War and Peace....heavy book. So that's why the e reader comes handy.Of course, if I would read only at home,I would still read on books...all your senses are engaged when reading a book, it's an amazing experience!

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
Not all of them. Some senses are focused on drinking a beer while not taking eyes off the book.:cool:

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
You are right JB, hard to engage the taste while reading unless you lick the pages as Tom seems to do! I thought you have a beer only with your dinner now you are old and wise etc etc..... :-D

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
Actually I read quite a bit, daily (or nightly really, don't find much time most days) ani honestly haven't read a paper bound book for a couple years or so. I a actually bought a Sony ereader, and I use it occasionally but I actually prefer to read on my tablet. The Sony wasn't a complete loss as I rooted it and am running adwlauncher with FB reader and a few other apps. Almost ironic, I'm using my Tablet as my ereader and hacked my pearl e- ink display ereader and turned it into a tablet (of sorts).

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
Tom T said:
Actually I read quite a bit, daily (or nightly really, don't find much time most days) ani honestly haven't read a paper bound book for a couple years or so. I a actually bought a Sony ereader, and I use it occasionally but I actually prefer to read on my tablet. The Sony wasn't a complete loss as I rooted it and am running adwlauncher with FB reader and a few other apps. Almost ironic, I'm using my Tablet as my ereader and hacked my pearl e- ink display ereader and turned it into a tablet (of sorts).

I guess deep inside you, you are a hacker!

TGamel

Apr 1, 2011
They are all good ,I use them all...as long as I can turn the pages of the book I'm reading.....

Rgr that, a colleague of mine inquired why I had so many eReader apps on my tablet. The simple answer is I am a 'free' book reader and each application has it's own library of free books. Some that you cannot find on Kobo, you can find on Google books, or Aldiko or maybe on the Nook or Kindle. While each app may have it's own unique operating features, content is most important to me. IMHO, one of the greatest advantages of an android tablet over a specific eReader is the variety of content available.

Todd

Teaser

Aug 7, 2012
Does Zo Reader have a scroll feature? The best reader I ever had was eReader Pro for Palm. It has lots of options for background and font color, plus it has an adjustable speed scroll feature. Unfortunately, it only reads .prc files. I have not been able to find an epub reader that comes close.

Tested for you, it does support .prc and kindle format, color, font, bg and more are all changeable. no scrolling but paging.